What's new

Bent Fab

I met Tim from bent fab years ago at the Rasch Creek Qualifier race in 2009 and hung out with him at KOH 2010. Ive always thought he was a good guy that had some cool ideas and has worked hard to build his brand. I seem to remember something about delays with a couple of buggies he was building a long time ago, but from what Ive seen on social media hes been busing ass on chassis and chassis parts and doing well with them.

edit: this is who im talking about http://www.bentfabrications.com/

my 2 pennies.

I met Tim from bent fab years ago at the Rasch Creek Qualifier race in 2009 and hung out with him at KOH 2010. Ive always thought he was a good guy that had some cool ideas and has worked hard to build his brand. I seem to remember something about delays with a couple of buggies he was building a long time ago, but from what Ive seen on social media hes been busing ass on chassis and chassis parts and doing well with them.

my 2 pennies.

also met him at either rausch creek or a big dogs event. good guy, no complaints and would buy from him if i was on the east coast.

is MOORETOYX4 active on here? he (prettysure??) was putting together a bent fab chassis.

More than 1 from them, he had a Grunt awhile back and was working on a new one not too long ago.

I honestly would have bought from Bent fab if I didn't work with a friend to build mine. His chassis all seem to be well thought out and seems to be good about getting stuff done. I've talked to him before about his new pedals and he's always got back to me fairly quick.

my 2 pennies.

is MOORETOYX4 active on here? he (prettysure??) was putting together a bent fab chassis.

also met him at either rausch creek or a big dogs event. good guy, no complaints and would buy from him if i was on the east coast.

I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure Stubs is talking about these links from Bent Fab AZ and not from Tim who builds the chassis.

Bent Fab is in AZ
Bent Fabrications is in KY.

Bent Fab seems to be doing work for a lot of high profile guys in the U4 community.

I know for a fact that Tim from Bent Fabrications is a great guy, I bought my buggy roller from him and only have amazing things to say about him or his products.

Yep I have a set of links from them. They are light. Bit of a wait but no issues on my end. Paul (owner) is a stand up guy. Highly recommended.

You sure you want aluminum again? Heat treated chromo seems to last way longer.

After seeing an aluminum link break on a fairly new and lightweight buggy last labor day, I'm not a fan. There was another guy there (toyota guy running the 1uz in koh) with heat tread chromo who said they were 4-5 years old and had been through multiple koh's.

Is WOD not an option? I had them make me a set of aluminum links for a Tracker I was building and the turnaround time was impressive. I think I had them in 8 days from the time I ordered. :smokin:

You sure you want aluminum again? Heat treated chromo seems to last way longer.

After seeing an aluminum link break on a fairly new and lightweight buggy last labor day, I'm not a fan. There was another guy there (toyota guy running the 1uz in koh) with heat tread chromo who said they were 4-5 years old and had been through multiple koh's.
You asking me?

I had 2 x .250 dom links before. They quickly turned into bananas.

After checking prices I have found that HT will only be $100 more per link. One replacement aluminum will be more than the original HT cost.

Aluminum can bend, can’t be trail fixed, possibly of pulling out the threads, and are sticky.

Im just trying to figure out if this company is worth dealing with, not very many companies selling HT links it seems.

He was very easy to deal with. Now they are not perfectly straight and will have some spots where they had to push them back straight but HT is the only way to go. I am running alum lowers on my truggy and racer but it's on a lower scale of what it's used for. The scheduled to be build big rocks buggy will have HT links from Paul.

After checking prices I have found that HT will only be $100 more per link. One replacement aluminum will be more than the original HT cost.

Aluminum can bend, can’t be trail fixed, possibly of pulling out the threads, and are sticky.

Im just trying to figure out if this company is worth dealing with, not very many companies selling HT links it seems.

Was it your tie rod that was aluminum? Or am I just totally wrong? :laughing:​​​​​​

I only saw aluminum links on their website and thought that's what you were doing. Looks like you're look for heat treated links also.

Was it your tie rod that was aluminum? Or am I just totally wrong? :laughing:​​​​​​

I only saw aluminum links on their website and thought that's what you were doing. Looks like you're look for heat treated links also.
Ya, you are thinking of the upgraded aluminum tie rod that bent after a few trips out. Definitely better than the steel ones that bent on the first trips out... both times.

Scroll to the bottom of the page, they have HT.

Paul does some pretty top notch shit. Most the high end AZ guys use Paul for a lot of shit. Including HT links. You won’t be disappointed in his work.

On the other hand, I've not had great luck with him in the past. I've heard similar stories from others.
He does do plenty of high end work though. It cant be all bad.

Can't James whip you up a set? Or build your own and have ht done locally?

I remember someone selling heat treated tube and then you can cut and weld on the ends. The heat treat is really only needed for the main body. The heat at just the ends will not travel far enough to loose bending strength. It might have been Polyperformance from back in the day.

After checking prices I have found that HT will only be $100 more per link.

Are you talking about HT on DOM links?

Are you talking about HT on DOM links?
No.

I want to purchase ready made, HT links. I don’t want to build my own links then try to find someone who can HT them for me local. I don’t want to do a run around game, I’m busy trying to get other things done also.

There is more then just dropping off some links and picking them back up. It's not a redbox. Most of the time they want to know what exactly you want and aren't interested in figuring it out for you (my limited experience). And then they will need to be straightened. And this can be all over the place. I had a set of link that were no where near straight (the threaded ends aligned) but you could see where the treatment shop got a bit wild with the press and dented and jacked them up getting them straight-ish again. The issue was taken care of for me and I have no complaints.

I remember someone selling heat treated tube and then you can cut and weld on the ends. The heat treat is really only needed for the main body. The heat at just the ends will not travel far enough to loose bending strength. It might have been Polyperformance from back in the day.

Used to be a dude on pbb selling HT chomo kits with raw tube and you weld yourself. I had links from him on my last buggy for 7 years and not a problem. I bought one pair second hand and cut one end off and shortened as well. I believe that dude got in a motorcycle wreck and went blind if I remember right.

Used to be a dude on pbb selling HT chomo kits with raw tube and you weld yourself. I had links from him on my last buggy for 7 years and not a problem. I bought one pair second hand and cut one end off and shortened as well. I believe that dude got in a motorcycle wreck and went blind if I remember right.

Heretic fab.. I can't remember his name, cool guy to bad about his eyesight.

No.

I want to purchase ready made, HT links. I don’t want to build my own links then try to find someone who can HT them for me local. I don’t want to do a run around game, I’m busy trying to get other things done also.

Ahh.. lol.. maybe goatbuilt as well?... there's that other guy down in Arizona to.. can't remember his name.. built right or built something. He might do it also or he probably has Paul do his too lol.. what about Alan?

Top Back Refresh