What's new

Bend tech pro or notcher

Any idea where I might find something like that I could buy off the shelf and adapt? A google search isn't coming up with much. I guess I could make something out of a welded C clamp with V shaped angle jaws mabye....
I would attach a bar on the same axis as the tube notcher but attached to the frame of the notcher so all the torque is transferred back to the notcher, not the vise or however you have it mounted.

Mounting the bar to the actual tube you are notching won't help. What notcher do you have?

If I was in your position I would add a reaction arm to my setup so the drill is transferring torque to the "arm" instead of your body.
Similar to a handheld pipe threading machine uses.

5c8d6ca2354d5c35f9621ce1c246da937b553de9-medium.png
You really do not need that with the hole hang. The weight of the motor is enough. You could do it with your pinky if the trigger were lighter.

I would attach a bar on the same axis as the tube notcher but attached to the frame of the notcher so all the torque is transferred back to the notcher, not the vise or however you have it mounted.

Mounting the bar to the actual tube you are notching won't help. What notcher do you have?
I've got several, but the ones I mainly use now are JD2 Beast and JD2 Notchmaster with the SWAG reach around.

Thanks for the ideas. That helps a lot! :beer:

BTW, bought the angle drill tonight. Appreciate the recommendation guys!

After a couple times of doing a number on my wrists and fingers, I got wise and turned the clutch on my drill down - and definitely off the "drill" mode. Find the point where it stops before it wrenches your body. Yeah, it stops the drill repeatedly, but as I'm getting older I'll take that over fucking up my wrists more than they are now.

Clutch.JPG
that is a good idea

as I stand there waiting for my corded drill to finish whipping around pulling the cord out of the wall :laughing:

BTW, bought the angle drill tonight. Appreciate the recommendation guys!
Another setup

Top Back Refresh