What's new

BEGINNING WELDING FOR nOOBs

Fwiw a new Hobart 140 is $650

Yea I know a stick welder is more useful, but if OP is looking to Unfuck his bumper assembled out of hitch pins, u bolts and 2x4s it will easily do that and more.

Anyone got a trick for auto dark helmet?

I've got a 20 yr old Lincoln auto dark helmet with tiny ~2"x4" non-adjustable lens. First time welding in my new shop with led halo lights the stupid thing is stuck on dark unless i put my hand in front of it..

Throw it out and get a chinesium replacement.

It's 20yr old. No amount of dumbass boomer screeching about "muh american made quality" is gonna make up for 20yr of progress.

Throw it out and get a chinesium replacement.

It's 20yr old. No amount of dumbass boomer screeching about "muh american made quality" is gonna make up for 20yr of progress.
Where is the cheap hack in you, i was hoping i could pour some goat piss on it or something to get desired result

What's the difference between AC, and AC/DC unit?
The addition of DC allows you to run a larger variety of welding rods and also cobble together a basic scratch start tig if you were so inclined.

A lot of modern rods are made to work on AC or DC but some perform better on DC. Also with DC it matters if the electrode (rod) is connected to the positive or negative output. The electrodes behave differently on AC, DCEP (DC Electrode Positive), and DCEN (DC Electrode Negative)

Top Back Refresh