What's new

Beef Jerky recipe thread.

TatonkaII

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
SC
I'm looking for a new jerky recipe so post them up!

My go to:

~2 lb top sirloin/london broil and sliced thin

1 cup soy
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
1 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs fresh ground pepper
1 tbs garlic
1 t onion powder
1 t red pepper flakes

I combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend it well. Then pour it over the meat in a gallon zip loc bag and let marinate 24-48 hrs making sure to mix everything a couple times a day.

I then preheat my smoker to 180* F and smoke the meat for approximately 2 hours. You can add a smoke tube for more smoke flavor it you prefer.

I then transfer the beef to a dehydrator and dehydrate till its done to my liking. I prefer is pretty dry, so that's another 2-3 hrs.

We use soy vey veri, veri teriyaki as a base add some extra soy sauce and then add to it.

We each have things we like. I usually do ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper. If you like it extra spicy put more red pepper on it as its dehydrating.

I ussualy use venison that I ran through my jerky slicer attachment on my grinder then I do a coarse sea salt and brown sugar brine for 3to7 days. Then rinse that of. I make several different hot pepper pastes to taste ... skys the limit. While I make the pastes that ussualy have garlic and some kind of fruit in them I throw the rinsed and patted dry slices in my barrel smoker with alder wood for 30 to 45 minutes depending on temp.. ussualy around 170 to 200f then I remove the meat place in bowl. Stir in a generous amount of pepper paste add some steak spice and finish it in the oven or dehydrator... I ussualy make 30 to 40 lbs at a time but all kinds of levels of heat. Orange zest and rosemary works well on less spicier batches where as pepper flakes and steak spice go on my xxx batches

this is one of the few things I cheat on a bit. Usually I make my own seasoning and such, but I have had great luck with this pepper and garlic seasoning with cure and marinade in teriyaki sauce. I do some marinaded and some not. I use deer blackstrap sliced thin and put it in the “keep warm box” on my smoker for about 4 hours.

AA4EA760-5DA9-43AE-9252-3443660F545D.jpeg

BF8C2EE5-869D-4D2F-A2E4-5A318C7F8CB6.jpeg

Going to follow this for sure

I’ve been wanting to give jerky a try for a while. Mrs is very particular when it comes to jerky, I’d love to find a recipe that would blow her mind :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Watching this also.

I haven't had a great mix yet :( But I do go a bit "heavy" on minced garlic. My base is usually teriyaki or soy sauce.

I prefer a drier jerky but not tree bark dry:lmao:

Pound your meat paper thin.
salt and pepper
Dehydrater Done

Top Back Refresh