What's new

Bed swap between Chevy / GMC?

alarratt

Member Number
Looking to pick up a bed for my 2018 CHevy 2500HD, and found one listed off of a GMC 3500HD. Anyone know if they will be a direct bolt up, or if some fab work will be required?

Should be exactly the same other than the emblems on it.

There shouldn't be any emblems unless you get the tailgate.... but the taillights will probably be different, and the harness for the taillights will not match if the taillights are different.

Assuming pickup to pickup and not CC to pickup or pickup to CC, everything should work as far as mounting bed to frame.

Attempted to mount a standard pickup bed to a CC frame in an 07 Chevy I had an issue.

Last edited:
I've only done one and it might be too old to apply, 07 chevy bed on an 07 gmc. Everything bolted up but the wheel well shape was different between the two. We didn't notice until she sold it, the buyer noticed it right away.

It'll bolt up, but like others said the taillights are different. I'm pretty sure if you're swaping a complete beds with lights, the harness plugs in down on the frame area the same (there's a module they plug into).

Also, the wheel wells have different trim. GMC has a thin black plastic wheel lip whereas the Chevy is painted smooth steel.

It'll bolt on either way.

Like Lowrollin70gmc said, the GMC HD beds starting in 2015, have a plastic wheel well trim that is formed into the wheel opening.
The bed itself will bolt up fine.
I believe the tail light shape is the same, but I'm not positive at the moment.
The only other thing is if it has a factory spray-in bedliner. The Denalis I know for a fact have "DENALI" formed in and sprayed over on the front bulkhead, if equipped with the bedliner.

Top Back Refresh