What's new

Bass underwriters homeowners is worthless. Fighting with insurance?

Mr.Ratbastard

Member Number
If you use them switch.

We have never had a homeowners claim, only a couple car claims (52 years old) Hurricane comes through and messes stuff up. The field agent said 67k the last we heard they were at 33k but we don't have anything yet. This happened Sept 16th. Today we get a letter saying our insurance is cancelled. I am nit feeling as agreeable to the 33k now. If that even happens.
So has anyone fought with insurance and came out ahead? How did you go about it? The SBA came out and looked and from what I gather they were at least at 67k.

I'd also consult a lawyer, the first letter may be $500 and get you 30k better on settlement, it certainly gets their attention, unlikely you'd need to actually sue

everybody has a boss

document everything, every minute you spent either on the phone or in your yard

Depending on how busy your street is, maybe put a plywood sign out front 'Bass insurance kiss my ass' :flipoff2:

isn't there some state insurance regulator you can get a hold of?

If they are disputing value of the loss, you need an independent insurance adjuster.
They often will work on a percentage of what they get you over the initial offer..

Aaron Z

They denied coverage of our fence that had trees down on it. The fence estimate is 20k and 12k on the trees. This should be covered under other structures as it is in every other policy I could find. Ours doesn't say fence specifically so they are denying it. It also doesn't exclude them.
we talked to our agent and we are being dropped Dec. 1st We cannot get a new policy with existing damage so we gave 3 weeks and no check. On top of that I don't think you can get a roofer that quick down here.
I put a local ad on facebook saying they suck. Our field adjuster saw it and called. He said he will find out whats going on Tomorrow.
Our agent said they are cancelling everyone and pulling out of the area(Bass)

They denied coverage of our fence that had trees down on it. The fence estimate is 20k and 12k on the trees. This should be covered under other structures as it is in every other policy I could find. Ours doesn't say fence specifically so they are denying it. It also doesn't exclude them.
we talked to our agent and we are being dropped Dec. 1st We cannot get a new policy with existing damage so we gave 3 weeks and no check. On top of that I don't think you can get a roofer that quick down here.
I put a local ad on facebook saying they suck. Our field adjuster saw it and called. He said he will find out whats going on Tomorrow.
Our agent said they are cancelling everyone and pulling out of the area(Bass)

find your states insurance board. they regulate insurance companies. file a claim with the info you got. the facts. nothing more. the state should ask them whats up and they should change their tune.

My sister is having a nightmare of a situation following loosing her house in the fires here. Insurance didn't give a fuck until she mentioned calling the state insurance board and now they are begging her to work with them

My sister is having a nightmare of a situation following loosing her house in the fires here. Insurance didn't give a fuck until she mentioned calling the state insurance board and now they are begging her to work with them

I just looked it up and I can file the complaint online. I guess that's next.

I would like to put my facebook ad on marketplace where there headquarters is located.

You might check back with your adjuster. It may be possible that the $33k is your front end Actual Cash Value payment and as you complete repairs they come back with the Replacement Cost settlement difference.

You might check back with your adjuster. It may be possible that the $33k is your front end Actual Cash Value payment and as you complete repairs they come back with the Replacement Cost settlement difference.

No they have wittled it down to 33k and we don't even if they are going to send that. They don't communicate worth a shit.

Well we received the check today. We are supposed to send the check to the mortgage company(it is written to both of us) This is stupid but fairly normal. Now the mortgage companies list of requirements to get any money back is insane. I don't know how the fuck we are going to get anyone to work on our house with their stupid crap. Let me ask mom and dad mortgage company if we can give you a deposit but first we need all this shit filled out. Then when you finish they will send someone to inspect it and if they think it's ok they may pay you. And if not then we will be responsible for the bill.

Well we received the check today. We are supposed to send the check to the mortgage company(it is written to both of us) This is stupid but fairly normal. Now the mortgage companies list of requirements to get any money back is insane. I don't know how the fuck we are going to get anyone to work on our house with their stupid crap. Let me ask mom and dad mortgage company if we can give you a deposit but first we need all this shit filled out. Then when you finish they will send someone to inspect it and if they think it's ok they may pay you. And if not then we will be responsible for the bill.

The check to you and the the mortgage co. is normal. After its fixed the mortgage co will send out someone to take a look and make sure the work is done.

I went through this chit with hail damage, 1/2 my siding, deck, and roof. Luckily I had my guys do the siding and deck, otherwise it would have cost more than the insurance would pay and I would have had to fought it.

when I told state farm to shove it up there ass my life got a lot simpler. if my house burns down I will just rebuild it.

I had State Farm when my place flooded from Harvey. I cannot complain, they paid everything. When the insurance adjuster came in, he submitted a claim for @ 140K. I broke his claim down into an excel spreadsheet and went through room by room verifying everything. I noted where he had left off doors in various rooms, trim, as well as other interior items that needed compensation. I wrote down the items that were missing as well as cost adjustments, cause they were relatively low. For example they only wanted to pay 110.00 per interior door hung, but they had MDF doors listed. My doors were not MDF. I had all of it documented. They tried to nickle and dime me for appliance repairs, but I insisted I wanted new and they covered that as well.

Once I submitted the corrections, they came back and honored all of them. They cut a check to the mortgage company, for @ 165K. When I was ready fro work to be done, I submitted the actual repair quotes to the mortgage company, and the mortgage company cut me a check for the repairs.

All said and done it worked out well. They even paid for my tear out labor.

Insurance is not renewing December 1st and our agent said no one will give us a policy without the repairs being completed. So in under 3 weeks we are supposed to have a new roof with some decking and facia repair, new windows, front door and 700 feet of fence oh yeah a new central a/c. I think that should be plenty of time. The only one scheduled is the roof which we paid the deposit out of pocket.

Top Back Refresh