What's new

Band saw

HELL BOUND

Member Number
What do you think is a good deal for this 7x12 bandsaw. Its a northern industrial tools brand, a 1 hp motor and looks like it doesn't have the hydraulic assist ram.
00a0a_b0jycR7nsjU_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

$450 perfect with the ram. pull cover on the little drive gearbox, check tires on the wheels. model number should cross to Jet somewhere,
Carolina is another brand in that price range.

$450 perfect with the ram. pull cover on the little drive gearbox, check tires on the wheels. model number should cross to Jet somewhere,

I've noticed looking at the new ones they all seem like they come out of the same factory. Looked up rams looks like they run 150 and I'd probably just make the mounts. Hes asking 550. I was thinking I'd offer him 400. But wanted to see if anyone thought that was too high.

I just paid $300 for one in far worse condition but everything else was double or triple the price. Mine is 8x16. See Chiner plasma thread for pics

Looks the same as the HF one that's now $1k....or $800 after the usual coupon. I'd offer 'em less, but $450 is still a good deal. I've been looking for one and would absolutely buy that if it showed up near me.

63469_I.jpg

I have never seen tires on the wheels of a metal cutting bandsaw. That is wood bandsaw stuff.

He's playing hard ball at 500. Told him I'd pass for now guess we will see how desperate he is to sell it. At 500 plus 150 for a ram id be pretty close to a new one from Hazzard fart
so idk. I dont need it it would just be nice to have. I'll update if something changes. But this brings up something else what cutting fluid are you guys running that won't freeze?

I've given up on cutting fluid. For my uses, it doesn't seem to shorten blade life enough for me to care, and it's less mess when it's dry. :)

Looks the same as the HF one that's now $1k....or $800 after the usual coupon. I'd offer 'em less, but $450 is still a good deal. I've been looking for one and would absolutely buy that if it showed up near me.

They added Central Machinery to the not applicable section of the 20% off coupons, so its full price only now.

23966380-20-percent-off-any-single-item-through-2020-october-31.png

They added Central Machinery to the not applicable section of the 20% off coupons, so its full price only now.

Well fuck. Hadn't noticed that. That eliminates about all the remaining good stuff that was still relatively cheap.

Someone else is going to have to step up and fill the hole for cheap chinese crap that HF used to sell. 🤣

There's still a coupon out there that's good through the end of the year that doesn't exclude CM, but I just tried it on their website and it won't discount the saw.

20_percent_off_1573911932.8655.gif

Well fuck. Hadn't noticed that. That eliminates about all the remaining good stuff that was still relatively cheap.

Someone else is going to have to step up and fill the hole for cheap chinese crap that HF used to sell. 🤣

There's still a coupon out there that's good through the end of the year that doesn't exclude CM, but I just tried it on their website and it won't discount the saw.

I had to argue with the manager at my local store to use the one you posted on a central machinery product. They tried to tell me there is a company printing fake coupons and that was one, but they finally relented.

I have never seen tires on the wheels of a metal cutting bandsaw. That is wood bandsaw stuff.

I had to go look. you are correct my wilton 7x12 (same as op, different color) does not have tires.

Damn that sucks! I'm glad I got about everything I'll ever need bought from them back before they got all Jewish with their coupons....

I've said it in many threads now and I'll say it again I absolutely love my Grizzly swivel head bandsaw. Might be out of your price range, but if you can swing it it's fucking awesome. I dunno how I could live without it now... There may be other brands/clones that sell the same unit for less maybe?

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-7-x-8-1-4-1-HP-Swivel-Metal-Cutting-Bandsaw/G0613

Top Back Refresh