What's new

Band-Maid shreds harder than you do.

White Shark

Red Triangle
Member Number
Band-Maid for those who don't know, is a band formed by a chick (Miku) who worked in a Japanese Maid Bar back in the day, and formed a metal/rock band with a bunch of her friends. These guys shred on this instrumental. The bass player Misa goes from picking to slapping and back again like a pro and the drummer Akane is awesome. The lead guitarist is ripping too. Check it out.

This isn't a bunch of lame Baby Metal chicks dancing around and singing, these are girls who most definitely shred.

More. Domination Live from their Domination tour. The drummer, Akane is next level. Chick can drum.

Rory Gallagher. Irish. In English. RIP. TWay past the Whiskey thread. Too old to adapt. Maybe BB King. No need for Kill Bill Music.

Btw - Is she , it any good ?? :laughing:

:flipoff2:

Thanks for sharing. Melodic and very tight sounding.

They're pretty famous in the bass and drums crowd just because they're such a super tight band. You can tell they're having an awesome time too, the drummer always has a huge smile on her face, and the crowd reacts like crazy to their songs.

For anyone who wants a shortcut, check out the bass riff in the first video at 2:22, Misa just kills it. Also check out the second video at 3:13, Akane is kicking those drums like she's possessed. Absolutely killing it.

In 2016, Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin caught a performance of Band-Maid in Tokyo and asked for a photo-op with their drummer, Akane Hirose. When meeting with her and the band, he told her that she was like a reincarnation of John Bonham.

Click image for larger version Name:	oyz2nkizzqv21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	308835

Last edited:
The song Freedom (live) shows off the individual band members better. Watch the drum solo at 2:05. Akane is killing it.

costumes suck, music is good but it's Japan so....

A couple of them worked in a Maid Bar and they used it as a gimmick at first, but they definitely can hold their own without the costumes.

Last edited:
DICE

This has more of a rock/metal sound than some of their other stuff.

They're pretty famous in the bass and drums crowd just because they're such a super tight band. You can tell they're having an awesome time too, the drummer always has a huge smile on her face, and the crowd reacts like crazy to their songs.

For anyone who wants a shortcut, check out the bass riff in the first video at 2:22, Misa just kills it. Also check out the second video at 3:13, Akane is kicking those drums like she's possessed. Absolutely killing it.

In 2016, Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin caught a performance of Band-Maid in Tokyo and asked for a photo-op with their drummer, Akane Hirose. When meeting with her and the band, he told her that she was like a reincarnation of John Bonham.

filedata/fetch?id=308835&d=1613167929

That's high praise. :D

The song Freedom (live) shows off the individual band members better. Watch the drum solo at 2:05. Akane is killing it.

damn, them drums are TIGHT! She is good!! I like how she just lays it down without the normal rock band trashing. My old drum teacher played with the big band legends like Buddy and allways bitched about how the modern drummers just smashed everything. :laughing:

Been listening to Band Maid for a couple of days now while messing with my taxes... Pretty insane. That weird timing on Onset keeps messing with me.

The chicks do a great job with the noise-making, I like it, but the vocals just turn me way off. Metal music is for men anyways. :flipoff2:

The chicks do a great job with the noise-making, I like it, but the vocals just turn me way off. Metal music is for men anyways. :flipoff2:

The Japanese / English lyrics always throw me off a bit too, but as a musician, I don't really pay much attention to the lyrics anyway. I listen to all sorts of stuff and my wife is always complaining about the "bad lyrics" and their content. I usually just shrug and tell her I hadn't noticed, because I really just tune them out anyway. I listen to their tone, but really don't pay attention to what they're saying, etc.

_

Been listening to Band Maid for a couple of days now while messing with my taxes... Pretty insane. That weird timing on Onset keeps messing with me.

I bet you'd like Thrill. It's one of my favorite songs.

I bet you'd like Thrill. It's one of my favorite songs.

I think I’ve watched every one of their videos since this thread started. And probable 10 “reaction” videos just to see how people respond.

Going to be on high rotation on the play list, for sure.

Well, I thought this would be a cheesy gimmick, but I ran through all their albums on Spotify today at work and watched a bunch of their live vids yesterday and I have to say I am impressed. Some of their music is sort of pop-garbage, but there are enough songs with a heavy groove to them to make them worth listening to. Thanks for posting this, new music is always a good thing.

I think I’ve watched every one of their videos since this thread started. And probable 10 “reaction” videos just to see how people respond.

Check this out. They released 4 instrumental videos on a DVD release and they're really hard to find, except as YouTube reaction videos. This is the straight video without anyone else yelling in the background. This song is crazy!

You might dig this too, It's the full concert, "BAND-MAID Live at ZEPP TOKYO"

This includes info and the full set list.

The concert is 2:06:39, I like to just put it on as background music while working.

https://jpoplibs.us/band-maid-live-at-zepp-tokyo.html

I admit it, I'm hooked. I listen to this band at least every other day.

I bought the BluRay vid of theirs Live at the Line Cube Shibuya and it's pretty good. A couple songs are exactly like the YouTube vid but a lot of the rest has different edits/angles/shots of the video. Reviews say the guitar is mixed weak and it is, but not much different than the YouTube vids and pretty normal if you listen to a lot of live music. May not be worth the $60 for the vid if you aren't a "fan" as probably half of it is already on YouTube, but it was worth it for me.

Oddly I am also hooked on Ningen Isu's "Heartless Scat" I posted before. The lyrics are depressing, but really grab at you and the riffs are some of the best "classic" style heavy metal I have found in recent memory. It really sticks in the head and I find myself replaying it in my head all the time.

Top Back Refresh