What's new

Badland (and other brands) Offroad Jacks

rattlewagon

shitboxin
Member Number
Loc
Northfield Vermont
I know this was mentioned in the SEMA thread, but didn't see a thread for it yet.

Bought one of these the day after it came out and it finally came in yesterday.

First impressions are awesome. This jacks huge. Big wheels roll great outside and the pad extension is wicked handy. Cant wait to really put it through its paces.

Going to try to get/make some sort of mount for it for the tow rig.

1673377655555.png

1673377696050.png

1673377774914.png

1673377846155.png

1673377877759.png

Passed the scooter test too, But hard to film and scoot at the same time.

EDIT: 1 year report, this jack rocks. If you work in the dirt a lot, one of these jacks is a game changer.

Last edited:
Used it all afternoon yesterday. The huge wheels are awesome, it monster trucks over everything.

The handle locks in place at 45*, Im going to grind a notch out so it locks at 90* too. Maneuverability inside is limited due to the rear wheels not being casters, but it wasnt made for inside. I think locking the handle at 90 will help with that.

good size comparison next to my 3.5t jack and the classic craftsman 3 ton.

1673453079501.png

What's that SOB weigh?
Is it all aluminum, or a mix of steel parts too?
How does it do lifting the front end of a fullsize? Does the throw get stiff like the basic 3ton does?

The handle angle lock is appealing, as are the big wheels. Being able to scoot a rig sideways would be sweet.....

Those look familiar :laughing:

Going to try to get/make some sort of mount for it for the tow rig
Something tells me something EXACTLY like this would work :lmao:

I have a feeling that mount will work too, but Im on a harbor freight budget... so for that price ill end up making one.

Weights 70 lbs.. its edit, aluminum side plates l. I would say, yes it pumps like the normal 3 ton, but its a rapid pump. So less pumps to the top.

Last edited:
Maneuverability inside is limited due to the rear wheels not being casters, but it wasnt made for inside.
What's it like trying to drag a vehicle around with? I find a certain percentage of the time I'm not only lifting but trying to move something - not long distances, but trying to get it lined up or such.

I feel bad for ProEagle. I guess getting ripped off is SOP these days...cool jack though!

Those fat thick side plates and lift arm have got to be aluminum.
7/16 in. thick aluminum side plates withstand abuse

I feel bad for ProEagle. I guess getting ripped off is SOP these days...cool jack though!

Those fat thick side plates and lift arm have got to be aluminum.

I think at the end of this video (about 12 mins in) he asks the question about where both jacks are built. Asking Pro Eagle to speak up and say.

I did see one in person at my local HF, and it would be hard to spend $600 on a pro eagle after looking at the HF jack.

There are other too, like this cat one. At least its not an exact clone, although I will say, the strap on the top of the badlands jack is awesome for lifting it into a truck

1673556192639.png

These folks making kits to make regular jacks into off road jacks:

1673556159642.png

And I have these instructions that I was always planning on making, but never got around to actually doing it.

1673555965131.png

I feel like the casters would be more of a hinderance than anything off concrete with a load on it. Positioning would be easier though.

I feel like the casters would be more of a hinderance than anything off concrete with a load on it. Positioning would be easier though.

They look like they'd be more useful on concrete and hardly any benefit off road. Kind of looks like they have big flanges with bearings so I'd think they'd be at least better than the swivels on a standard floor jack.

Kind of depends on how well those wheels actually roll, I guess. I regularly use my floor jack to try to scoot one end of a vehicle across the shop...because I'm too cheap to buy the dollies that I actually should have.:homer: That looks like it'd work better than my regular 3 ton.

I use this jack all the time in my shop and used it so much in my scrap yard I also bought one to keep out there.

I also make mounts for this jack as well. A little more expensive than the 911 Motorsports mount BUT it can be mounted hanging off a bedcage as could be mounted vertically etc if needed.

I've got one I bought last year. My old floor jack was falling apart and I needed something to swap my paddles on at the dunes.

Works great on soft surfaces. Pumps up fast to whatever you are lifting and when the load is on it it's not terrible from there. Let the guy parked next to me borrow it to drag his SXS on to the trailer after he sent it too hard.

My only complaint is it rolls too well on concrete. Just the slightest nudge in the shop and it rolls all the way across the building.

looks like 911 motorsports is already making stuff for the badlands jack.. Not the same as the proeagle mount, but not bad for 1/4 the price...

1675714897546.png
I I have this Jack and I also have this mount by 911 that I bolted to the deck of my trailer it holds the jack nicely. My issue is with the cradles for the handle. They are not secure enough. I hit a heavy washboard road when I went out off Roading last, and lost the bottom half of my handle. Now I am having a hell of a time, getting just a handle. Throw the handle in the bed of your truck, but I would still recommend the mount for the jacket self.

I I have this Jack and I also have this mount by 911 that I bolted to the deck of my trailer it holds the jack nicely. My issue is with the cradles for the handle. They are not secure enough. I hit a heavy washboard road when I went out off Roading last, and lost the bottom half of my handle. Now I am having a hell of a time, getting just a handle. Throw the handle in the bed of your truck, but I would still recommend the mount for the jacket self.
Is it different than the regular 3 ton jack? They look very close in the pics.

They don't show a replacement handle for the off-road, but they do have one for the regular for $16. Worth hitting the store to look at them side by side to verify.

1710883233830.png

Top Back Refresh