What's new

AZ wheeling trip

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
I really really want to run the AZ Peace Trail but the wife just can't do 7 days in the RZR at 100+ miles per day. So I am asking those of you that live or wheel in AZ if you were going to spend a week in one area or even 3 days in one area then move and 3 days in another, where would you guys suggest. Time of year would be winter. Maybe the week between Christmas/New Years. If we base out of one camp then the wife can sit out and relax a day if she needs to.

Table Mesa is just north of Phoenix. Payson is cool but after running pyeatt draw and a few "secret trails" I was bored after a day.

I would split a week at each. Great desert camping at each spot. Table Mesa has harder trails.

Last edited:
Wasn't planning on pulling the camper that far. Is there any local lodging that we can access the trails from? Although if local lodging requires street legal it might be cheaper to just boondock in the campers.

I ordered the AZ Peace Trail book and the Fun Treks AZ trail book last night. I'll look over them and see what areas I am interested in.

When I figure out what area I am interested in I'll make a plan. Hopefully some local Irates can meet up for some wheeling.

Got the Funtreks book a few days ago. thumbed thru it a little. I didn't see a ton of trails really that caught my eye in the Cottonwood AZ area. I was advised on the RZR Forum that it's a great place to boondock in the camper for a week or so. I may need to find another map source to see what there is there. Our group enjoy the technical riding, open desert is fun as well but we like to crawl.

AZ Peace Trail Atlas showed up last night. I only spent about 20 mins reading it. There seems to be tons of info there on where to stay, fuel locations, lodging, with contact info/phone numbers which will help a ton.

That said I am kind of leaning towards pulling the camper out there in late fall/early spring and boondocking. My wife is a cancer survivor and has some health problems and 700+ miles in the RZR over a week's time with no off days to relax isn't something she can handle. At least with the boondock camping she could hang out at camp and relax if she isn't feeling up to it.

Anyone from the board interested in something like this? Wanna go to the desert with people from the internet with no cell service or contact with outside world? lol:laughing:

Last edited:
Look at areas around bullhead. Great time of year for it, and everything from easy trails to technical crawling and the trail system is massive.

Top Back Refresh