What's new

Austin TX in October

Willc

Drunken Hobbit
Member Number
Loc
NC
We are headed down 1st thru the 5th. Staying downtown? at the Kimpton. what to see? she is in a meeting all of Saturday. Is there a must-go-to for BBQ , Mexican ETC. Who wants to get a beer in a non-romantic manner? Or should I pack a gun and plan to fend for my life from protesters?

Everyone raves about Franklin's, not worth waiting in line with the rest of the hipsters.

Find a meskin restaurant with a number in the name. IMHO tex-mex > actual meskin.

Are you able to drive? Or stuck DT?

Will have a rental,No lines or hipster places please I have anger issues

so like how old are you??

if you are already staying downtown.. and can get around.. either 6th street (which is more like 5th-7th now).. or what they call the warehouse district if you are a little older..

either way, I wouldnt pick just one bar.. if you can afford the covers at some places, it would be nice to have a drink here and more drinks there and there..

I've taken the capital tour twice.. but I dont know if your into that or not.. and just north of the capital is the bob bullock museum which includes an IMAX theatre...

If ya'll like all kinds of little stores, congress which is the street that runs from the capital south.. (anyways, those lil places are just south of the river).. for a couple of miles.. for the day time..

Old enough to have a drink at dinner then drink in the room. not there for the nightlife, I will hit breweries on Saturday she does not drink. Neat architecture, cool gardens and parks. architectural salvage shops and great breakfast places with bake goods for the wife. OH a good steak would be nice not ruth chris crap a good local steakhouse where they expect you to order beer not wine

I doubt that POS governor will allow bars to re-open before then, so it may play a factor.

We were there in June, ate at Terry Black's Barbecue, place was accessible and food was very good. You are close to Zilker park and Lady Bird Lake, both worth walking around for a few.
Didn't spend a lot of time roaming Austin other than that, a good friend purchased a lake front property in Larue, Texas which is where we spent majority of our time while in Texas.

I doubt that POS governor will allow bars to re-open before then, so it may play a factor.

He wasnt terrible before all the covid shit. I enjoyed all the fights he picked with the city of Austin.

but I concur, I've lost respect for him and hope he steps aside instead of running again.

Torchys tacos, only had their sauce but that was amazing!

he said no hipster shit. But if you must eat overrated $6 tacos, that's your place.

I'd drive 30 minutes south and fuck around at cabelas for the afternoon. Kent blacks in san marcos. Or run over to salt lick.

Last edited:
He wasnt terrible before all the covid shit. I enjoyed all the fights he picked with the city of Austin.

but I concur, I've lost respect for him and hope he steps aside instead of running again.

I don’t know, the bastard never would stand for the pledge.

I didn’t really hate him before, because the Texas governor is an extremely weak office (The lieutenant governor in Texas is where the power traditionally lied )

But the second a situation came that allowed him to taste of power, the motherfucker got drunk on it!

It also says something when you make your fortune because you were jogging in a park in a tree happen to fall on you, it says something. I’m not sure what, but it says something.

Every time I’ve tried to go there, there was a stupid long line starting early or it was sold out. I’ve heard it’s great but I refuse to wait an hour or more in line.

The location in driftwood? I've literally walked right in the dozen or so times I've been there.

So far we have eaten at jasmines by the airport, IronworksBBQ.and Gus's. I am downtown is there a must-see? We watched the bats last night from the Hotel may go to the bridge tonight.

Top Back Refresh