What's new

ATV dirt tread tires?

I didnt know they had load ratings. :laughing:

Our old recon (great quad btw) was apparently overloaded from day 1:grinpimp:
The recon is a helluva underrated machine. I upgraded the rear shock on the one I ride, for my fat-ass and usually hauling gear with it. Huge difference, would recommend. With some LED lights up front, 12V and USB outlets, GPS mount and a rearview mirror from a motorcycle, it's a fun trail machine as well. I put a reverse light on it too which is super handy. There's been weekends I've put 250 miles on it.
I recently sold my Fourtrax 300 and replaced it with a Foreman 450, for heavier duties. It's just not nearly as fun on the trail as the Recon.
450 is however more fun than the 300 was on the trail, that thing was as fun as my riding lawnmower to ride...

I've sufficiently derailed the OP's thread, you're welcome. Guess I could blab in the UTV section.

OG turf tamer?

Apparently available in a 9” wheel

so what were the OG tires on that honda? ive slimed the hell out of my Foreman tires and i just dont think they are going to make it.

some turf tamers would be nice. or these from carlisle?

PRODUCT_201909140142_tire_27082_1000_angle.png

The recon is a helluva underrated machine. I upgraded the rear shock on the one I ride, for my fat-ass and usually hauling gear with it. Huge difference, would recommend. With some LED lights up front, 12V and USB outlets, GPS mount and a rearview mirror from a motorcycle, it's a fun trail machine as well. I put a reverse light on it too which is super handy. There's been weekends I've put 250 miles on it.
I recently sold my Fourtrax 300 and replaced it with a Foreman 450, for heavier duties. It's just not nearly as fun on the trail as the Recon.
450 is however more fun than the 300 was on the trail, that thing was as fun as my riding lawnmower to ride...

I've sufficiently derailed the OP's thread, you're welcome. Guess I could blab in the UTV section.

Growing up my parents had one. Saw it a few years back, I dont remember that quad being so small :laughing:

These are similar to a factory-ish tire on a honda

I put these on my 1998 Foreman 450 cuz they were the cheapest at the time. They're OK. Would have went with the tires above if they were avail at the time.

Not sure why the link isn't working, but it's for Wanda-ATV-UTV-Tires-25x8-12-Front-25x10-12-Rear-6PR

Growing up my parents had one. Saw it a few years back, I dont remember that quad being so small :laughing:
Yeah, at 6'3" I look like a circus bear on a tricycle, but it's comfortable. And nimble at only 40" wide... I "fit" both of mine in the back of my pickup once...
0420181317.jpg

These are similar to a factory-ish tire on a honda

I put these on my 1998 Foreman 450 cuz they were the cheapest at the time. They're OK. Would have went with the tires above if they were avail at the time.

Not sure why the link isn't working, but it's for Wanda-ATV-UTV-Tires-25x8-12-Front-25x10-12-Rear-6PR

i used those on a UTV before. they are a solid meh.

I think he’s an American bulldog but not certain. He’s a great dog, very protective of me and the gf. He goes ballistic when people show up to buy truck parts :lmao:
American bulldogs can pack one hell of a bite :homer::lmao:.

i used those on a UTV before. they are a solid meh.
The price reflects the Meh factor, lol. 98% of the ground I run my quads on is sand/dirt, 1% snow and ice, and 1% pavement so they lead a gentle life.

Do any ATV tires have a flat profile to them? Race quads have flat tires on the rear but why do utility quads have balloony ones?

Do any ATV tires have a flat profile to them? Race quads have flat tires on the rear but why do utility quads have balloony ones?
imagine the rounded ones tear up the grass less
sorta like how duals will skid a little bit

Top Back Refresh