What's new

ATV dirt tread tires?

lagunaMS

4 by drive
Member Number
Loc
Dixie
Having trouble finding some tires for my 02 Rancher 350 that I posted in the BDL thread yesterday. 2wd, mostly hot laps in the yard, occasional trail riding. no mud bogging

rancher.jpg

These tires are OLD, likely the originals. My granddad bought it new, gave it to my dad, who gave it to me. The tires on it now don't have much tread and being so old they're pretty slippery. I like that because it doesn't fuck up the yard in normal use. The axle has a spool or whatever so it only leaves marks in the grass doing sharp turns or if i'm doing donuts

I need some new tires before I'll feel comfortable ripping down the road on it, but I don't want mudders.

Factory size rear is a 25x11.00-10. do i need to find some 12" rear wheels for a better selection? drop down to a 24" rear tire?

i want a tread like this

Readies his 'chains' response
reads post, sighs

well hell, you already got what you want

OG turf tamer?

Apparently available in a 9” wheel

yea a tread like that would be great. I'm hoping I can find something without buying a set of rear wheels but I will if I have to
Readies his 'chains' response
reads post, sighs
no snow down here :frown:
well hell, you already got what you want
kinda yes, the thought of shooting into the woods when a tire blows going down the road doesnt seem fun though

kinda yes, the thought of shooting into the woods when a tire blows going down the road doesnt seem fun though
If you're not some womanly idiot who reacts to a blowout by turning the handle bars every which way it should be a non-issue.

If you're not some womanly idiot who reacts to a blowout by turning the handle bars every which way it should be a non-issue.
i was assuming blowing a front going 50 would make it happen automatically but maybe not

Had several rears and one front. It handles like any other instantly flat tire. I'd take ten blowouts over one tread separation any day. Much less collateral damage.

Came off of a 2004 kodiak 450. Practically brand new 20 year old tires. You can have them if you want them. Pretty sure I have the wheels for them too, 4/110 lug pattern. Arent you in Ms? Im up around Tupelo.

Attachments

• IMG_3133.jpeg
    IMG_3133.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 71709057413__8D39110C-ED4E-432B-9721-A6E76B4175B0.jpeg
    71709057413__8D39110C-ED4E-432B-9721-A6E76B4175B0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3131.jpeg
    IMG_3131.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3132.jpeg
    IMG_3132.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 71709058708__1F014C5E-D57C-41F5-888D-E3217A80068F.jpeg
    71709058708__1F014C5E-D57C-41F5-888D-E3217A80068F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Search ATV tires on walmart.com They will have the size and tread you want, plus free 2 day shipping usually.

If you make that inside rear tire really light when you turn, it's not going to scrub much... Might be hard to do with a load of bricks like that, but in just about any other circumstance it's completely doable.

Plenty of factory take offs on FB. Bolt pattern will be 4x110. Find a set already on rims and you will save the tire mounting fees.

You are limited on tire size with a 10” rim. Deestone tires are about as cheap as they come. Probably fine for your uses though.

Everyone around here buys 14" car wheels and runs a cheap car tire.
Good idea. I have to go to the junkyard soon anyway
Came off of a 2004 kodiak 450. Practically brand new 20 year old tires. You can have them if you want them. Pretty sure I have the wheels for them too, 4/110 lug pattern. Arent you in Ms? Im up around Tupelo.
Thanks for the offer, I’m a little south of Hattiesburg though
new tires will tear up the grass no matter how you turn, just be ok with that
Y’all are making the old slicks sound a lot more desirable :grinpimp:
If you make that inside rear tire really light when you turn, it's not going to scrub much... Might be hard to do with a load of bricks like that, but in just about any other circumstance it's completely doable.
A load like that is rare but I’ll remember that, thanks. I’m usually put putting around going slow or power sliding and on the verge of rolling it. Not much in between. Should probably look for a helmet while I’m on marketplace too
Plenty of factory take offs on FB. Bolt pattern will be 4x110. Find a set already on rims and you will save the tire mounting fees.

You are limited on tire size with a 10” rim. Deestone tires are about as cheap as they come. Probably fine for your uses though.
Thanks! I saw some cool looking deestone tread and if I wind up busting on finding turf tread I’ll be getting those. Only 60 each
More about that f250 highboy under the shed?
It’s a 70 model. My uncle died a couple years ago and my other uncle was the executor of his estate and said “if you want the ford it’s yours, come get it.” So I drove out to Colorado and come got it :smokin:

It’s a little rough but it’s awesome. 360fe, np435, Dana 24, stock closed knuckle 44 front and 60 rear. Edelbrock 1406 that someone put on at some point. I put an OBS seat in it last year. Needs a carb rebuild at some point but it’s on the back burner. I have a 79 d60 under a tarp in the backyard that will eventually go in it. It’s solid as hell, just needs some updates like better axles, power brakes and power steering, etc.

IMG_6633.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

IMG_8551.jpeg

This is the day I picked it up in October of 2022
IMG_5496.jpeg

IMG_9112.jpeg

If you've got room to go to a 12 wide rear you have some less aggressive 25" options
The wooly boogers on my big-red don't fuck up my lawn up unless I'm spinning em, I'd imagine these knock offs would perform similarly

Kenda pathfinder is probably similar to your stockers

If you're really worried about the grass you could buy some 12" rears and run a 24" lawn mower turf tire too.

I've only had one blowout happen, it was a left front on the freeway

entirely uneventful
if I'd have jammed on the brakes it probably woulda been a lot worse, but I didn't
I had a blowout on the well rig going about 45 on a long one lane bridge. I didn't crash but it took all I had to keep the truck from turning to the left.:homer:

Colby pit? Looks great-
IMG_9112.jpeg
I think he’s an American bulldog but not certain. He’s a great dog, very protective of me and the gf. He goes ballistic when people show up to buy truck parts :lmao:
Fuck yea! Thanks!
If you've got room to go to a 12 wide rear you have some less aggressive 25" options
The wooly boogers on my big-red don't fuck up my lawn up unless I'm spinning em, I'd imagine these knock offs would perform similarly

Kenda pathfinder is probably similar to your stockers

If you're really worried about the grass you could buy some 12" rears and run a 24" lawn mower turf tire too.
I should have room for a 12” wide tire but I’ll need to measure and verify. I like the tread on the boogers, good to know they don’t fuck up the yard too much. I’m not a stickler for nice grass at all, I’d much rather enjoy having some property and have fun on it. just don’t want tracks EVERYWHERE

I do think it's pathetic the "rating" those racks have from Honda... My Recon 250 and Foreman 450 aren't really that different in rating, and I think it's like 60#? I mean, I get that rating is for something strapped down tight and the rig getting jostled all to hell on a trail pretty hard, but still. I know the Japanese love to be super conservative in ratings of things as well.
My ice fishing kit might be overloading the racks a tad, but I love me an overloaded rack :grinpimp:

0305182059.jpg

IMG_2020-04-03_17-36-04.jpeg

I do think it's pathetic the "rating" those racks have from Honda... My Recon 250 and Foreman 450 aren't really that different in rating, and I think it's like 60#? I mean, I get that rating is for something strapped down tight and the rig getting jostled all to hell on a trail pretty hard, but still. I know the Japanese love to be super conservative in ratings of things as well.
My ice fishing kit might be overloading the racks a tad, but I love me an overloaded rack :grinpimp:

0305182059.jpg

I didnt know they had load ratings. :laughing:

Our old recon (great quad btw) was apparently overloaded from day 1:grinpimp:

I bought some cheap tires on Amazon last year for my ATV and they are working great. Way cheaper than Discount tire.

Used to do a ton of riding in huge groups . A lot of money was wasted on aggressive tires for competitive edge . With that said, we were always pleasantly surprised when those factory Honda tires ( whatever they are) just went everywhere and did everything the others could . Now that I’m no longer a kid, I’d say I’d rock those factory takeoffs and not look back .

Top Back Refresh