What's new

Are all Dmv’s and Bmv’s or whatever in the state you live in fawked up since the scamdemic?

Mine is super easy to deal with, I go to the one the next county over, which is closer than the one in my own county. But the last time I dealt with them was the day they shut shit down in March 2020, so no idea if its worse now.
I may have to go there sometime though, the address on my license is wrong, not because I moved, but because the state changed the name of my road...
Have you tried doing it online?

Thanks to this thread, just checked and my license just expired

I just renewed it on line:grinpimp:

130.81:flipoff:

I’ve got a friend that does IT work for the city or county or something where he lives. He had a call at the dmv and needed to get his license renewed anyway. He runs by, fixes whatever then inquires about the license, nope he needs an appointment. He said the place was empty, he just spent half an hour inside and nobody was there, still wouldn’t help him without an appointment. :mad3:

Same. When I went in to get my drivers license after we moved there were three people ahead of me, I was in and out in about 15 minutes. Hell, I don’t even have to go to the BMV to renew my plates and such. I can do it online or drive a half mile up the road to the town office and do it there in person.

We have separate registration and license offices. The registration one can get a little busy because people from other towns figured out ours was basically empty.

The license office is basically a ghost town, maybe one other person. I've been quite a few times between switching states and then getting my CDL permit, endorsements and license.

The last time I went in, she says "you need to make an appointment"

I say "OK, when the next available appointment?"

"....... 9:00 am"

it's 8:48

"want to go grab a cup of coffee and then come back?"

"no, I'm OK, I'll just wait"

looking at the 2 empty computers "ah, just go start on #1"

:laughing:

according to this, you cant change your residential address online, but you can change your mailing address. I didnt move, but they are both different. If my CCW wasnt about to expire, I wouldnt be concerned about it anyway. I'll probably call the sheriffs office and ask their opinion
I did mine online after we moved. I even moved to a different county.

My CCW did expire. I had to pay the new permit fee instead of the renewal fee, but the class was waived.

I did mine online after we moved. I even moved to a different county.

this line is whats got me overthinking

To get a replacement card, schedule an appointment at any driver’s license center. (Please note that you can’t order a replacement license with a new residential address online at this time.)

IL DMV has always been hard to deal with but they really like having Covid as an excuse for anything when you call the state to try to fix something.

One of the reason I pay extra for AAA insurance is DMV services. I don't use it much but when I do it's nice to walk in and walk out.
Seriously you guys, if you have AAA and they do DMV services for your area, you need to try it out. First time was a life changing experience for me.

this line is whats got me overthinking

To get a replacement card, schedule an appointment at any driver’s license center. (Please note that you can’t order a replacement license with a new residential address online at this time.)
Give it a whirl. Just edit your address info as you fill out the online form

Holy fuck don't get me started...

Got my daughter an appointment in October for December 27th at the DMV for driving test. She hits the front fucking pylon on the parallel parking test = fail.
I jump on the website, you can only schedule an appointment on the website..you can't call or show up...
I get an appointment for the next day at 9 AM, felt really lucky but didn't realize how lucky.

Show up for 2nd try and she gets the officer AND the supervisor... Passed the parallel parking then pulling out of the driveway she straddles the shoulder "stripe" with a wheel for more than 2 seconds = fail.

I try to reschedule immediately and the next available appointment is January 25th...

Then I am pissed at her for failing again (not letting her know yet cause she's balling) and I ask her to repeat the test and show me what she failed on.

We pull out and the shoulder stripe is completely painted over with tar, I tell my daughter for fuck sake you know you can't drive on the shoulder but you got really hosed here. :lmao:

So I paid $80 to a local driving school, she passed first try in their car.
Take the packet to the Decatur DMV the following day and they can't process the license I til we get a appointment in February...

My wife drives to next town over Bowie, and they process the license in literally 4 fucking minutes from time of putting the car in park to walking back out with a license...

Attachments

• 1000001223.jpg
    1000001223.jpg
    939 KB · Views: 14
the worst dmv I’ve been too was Denver county, colorado.. the bear valley one in particular. Packed all day and always a huge line when it opens. You walk in at like 1 pm and take a number and it’s on 99 and there on like 6, the seats are filled with welfare check grabbers while the elderly people stand. I remember taking a day off work to take care of my shit once and I got there early in the morning and was there damn near all day. Don’t miss that shithole

Ever since the covid scam the dmv’s in the las Vegas NV area are nearly impossible to work with. Appointments are over a month out and if you miss dotting an I or crossing a T, at best you jump through there hoop and come back a month later and hope they dont make up some new rule that starts you over again. Ive had my NV drivers license for 26 years, its now expired and they wont renew it without a social security card ( a printed card with a name, a number and no identifying features, picture or otherwise). They wont accept a US govt issued passport or my birth certificate to renew the regular dl. There paperwork says i need it for a real ID but I dont want or need a real ID.

Im so frustrated with the whole process im looking at working the loop holes to change everything i have from DL to registrations over to a different state. At this point I can theoretically legally do MN, WI, WY or CA since I own property in these states.

It doesnt make alot of sense when im reading online somehow illegals are allowed to get drivers licences all over the US.

More of a rant then anything, i wasted my entire morning today after waiting 6 weeks for my appointment to take care of several things and the only accomplishment was paying them to regester my boat trailer that hasn't moved since before the covid scam.

I probably should just walk in there wearing a sombrero and tell them Im Jose Lopez and they might issue me a new ferrari.
It says on the bottom of the SSAN card that it is NOT to be used as a form of ID. It looks like a line of dots, just in reality it is tiny letters.

NY put a hold on my AZ license because they didnt get their NY plates back....

Tried adding an endorsement to my AZ CDL...nope!

That took over a month of faxing paperwork, and calling back and forth. Literally had to fill out the same forms over again due to not putting in some mundane info that they literally had on the second page in a box I missed seeing. According to their paperwork, It could have charged me $7 a day (x2) for months since I didnt catch it for about 5.

Their DMV was by far the worst I have ever dealt with.

It is hit or miss if our local office will be open during the hours she is supposed to be and if she takes a dislike your screwed, which is why we go out of town.

that would be so sweet.
I thought the retirees in Florida had the government by the balls.

Arizona's seniors ain't fucking around. They move here, get a license, and never intend to get tested again. I shit you not, I got my AZ license in 2014 and it's good until 2031.

In MA they all got better across the board. You can make appointments now and shit just generally runs 100x better because everyone makes an appointment and it's not a huge cluster fuck. The relative difference between the shitty DMVs in the east and the good ones in the western part of the state has remained constant.

In MA they've been cutting out the DMV more and more over the years. Dealers, insurance agents, AAA, basically all of them can perform huge subsets of DMV services. The only thing you need to really go to the state DMV for is ID type stuff.

At two of the DMV's they literally have a person at the door to tell you they are not accepting walk ins...
A whole ass person is just there to tell you the whole ass person will not help you for 1 month:mad3::mad3:

Our BMV's seem to be better now then they were. Lots of more online options, less people there in person.

Real ID just now?

I had to get one a couple years ago. They wouldn't allow renewal, twic, hazmat, etc without.

Ever since the covid scam the dmv’s in the las Vegas NV area are nearly impossible to work with. Appointments are over a month out and if you miss dotting an I or crossing a T, at best you jump through there hoop and come back a month later and hope they dont make up some new rule that starts you over again. Ive had my NV drivers license for 26 years, its now expired and they wont renew it without a social security card ( a printed card with a name, a number and no identifying features, picture or otherwise). They wont accept a US govt issued passport or my birth certificate to renew the regular dl. There paperwork says i need it for a real ID but I dont want or need a real ID.

Im so frustrated with the whole process im looking at working the loop holes to change everything i have from DL to registrations over to a different state. At this point I can theoretically legally do MN, WI, WY or CA since I own property in these states.

It doesnt make alot of sense when im reading online somehow illegals are allowed to get drivers licences all over the US.

More of a rant then anything, i wasted my entire morning today after waiting 6 weeks for my appointment to take care of several things and the only accomplishment was paying them to regester my boat trailer that hasn't moved since before the covid scam.

I probably should just walk in there wearing a sombrero and tell them Im Jose Lopez and they might issue me a new ferrari.
In MN, all out-of-state transfers have to re-take the written test to ensure everyone knows the oddities of MN law. One of them is cool, however... if passing on a 2-lane highway, you are allowed to exceed the speed limit by up to 10 mph in order to complete the pass as safely and efficiently as possible, then reduce speed to the limit after the pass is complete.:smokin:

I didn't have any problem walking in the door and getting a question answered at our local place last month, and my sister brought her daughter down here to take her driving test when she found out she could get an appointment within 2 weeks, but anywhere within 100 miles of St Paul was booked 6 months out.
I dont think our state is even enforcing anything DMV related anymore. :laughing:
Havent been into a state DMV in years. Ever since our local private shop opened up I pay her to deal with it. She had 40+ years at the state MVD in my hometown. Was always a reaaaaaaalll bitch to have to deal with. Dunno what happened but after she opened her own place, shes a dream to work with. knows every thing, every one, and what has to get done for even the most fawkked up transactions.
Its amazing the difference between being unable to be fired and being responsible for revenue has on a person.

In NM, I would get to the Las Cruces MVD 30 minutes before opening and stand in line at the door to ensure I could be seen that day. Sometimes the state's system would go down and everyone would be kicked out and told to come back tomorrow. Of course there was the option of the private place, but it was nearly twice the cost so I never used them.

When I was growing up there was one DMV in ALB. next to the state fair grounds you always stood in line at least 20 minutes. Was worse if you were there at the end of the month, when everyone was there trying to get their license renewed. When I went to get my first license, for the road part of my test I just ended up driving around the State Fair grounds, because their were so busy. Really upset my buddy because I got my license the first try and it took him three times :laughing::flipoff2:

In MT DL appointments for renewals are 5 months out, registration you show up at 6:00 AM, get in line so you get a number that might be called that day. Total shit show.

NYS sucked before the scam
Now it is even worse.
If i cannot do it on line, or have a stealership do it. i will not do it.
Thinking of getting a pa address so i dont have to deal with nys bullshit.
Pa you go to a private notery to get plates.
Actually, I'm told the ones in Lyons is really good now and the one in Canandaigua is much improved from what I saw when I went over there last year.

NY put a hold on my AZ license because they didnt get their NY plates back....

Tried adding an endorsement to my AZ CDL...nope!

That took over a month of faxing paperwork, and calling back and forth. Literally had to fill out the same forms over again due to not putting in some mundane info that they literally had on the second page in a box I missed seeing. According to their paperwork, It could have charged me $7 a day (x2) for months since I didnt catch it for about 5.

Their DMV was by far the worst I have ever dealt with.
Mom apparently has something on hers because she moved, changed registration and committed the unpardonable sin of switching her insurance to the new state when she switched her registration rather than keeping her New York policy active until she turned in her plates...

Aaron Z

Been to both local ones here in Idaho, Buhl and Twin Falls. In and out in less than 45 minutes. That included changing the car registration and taking the written test the first time. Same quick service with the granddaughter taking her written test for the learners permit and then taking the paperwork in to get her license after she passed the road test. No appt needed. The most I saw was 2 others in line before us.

In NM, I would get to the Las Cruces MVD 30 minutes before opening and stand in line at the door to ensure I could be seen that day. Sometimes the state's system would go down and everyone would be kicked out and told to come back tomorrow. Of course there was the option of the private place, but it was nearly twice the cost so I never used them.
My brother and I had to go to the cape cod DMV once. We arrived before they opened. The weather was 35deg, windy and raining. Nobody was waiting in line by the door. Everyone was waiting in their cars. Being young we decided that we would be far less inconvieninced by the weather than all the other motherfuckers there. Naturally we proceeded to stand in line by the door, pressuring everyone else to do the same. We did that for 45min before they opened. I like to think we gave someone pneumonia. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh