What's new

Arcdroid plasma

FUCK YES !!!!!
Engineered, designed and made in America by a team of experts in the CNC industry.

It's not made in America. It's built at a factory in China according to the inventor. Designed in Canada

Ok, I was going by what bunk said. I guess Canada is North America, so he got two-thirds of it technically right...

Bump...so did anyone actually get one of these? how did it work out?

I have zero space for even a 2x2 table in my garage but have itched or a CNC plasma for a while, friend of mine sent a link tonight to these things and would fit the bill for my work space (or lack there of).

I wound up with a Langmuir Crossfire XL and happy with it. The AD was just too small for me.

Grind Hard Plumbing uses one all the time. If you like it order it and fuck the haters.
For a home gamer making brackets and shit it will be awesome, if you need bigger use it to make the brackets and parts for the bigger table then sell it to the next clown.

Also missed this last time. Its on my list now if I need a plasma.

I've got a tiny shop. Even with the limited work area that handles 90+% of what I need - brackets, tabs, etc. If I need bigger I'm already outsourcing since I don't have the material handling to be able to deal with big sheets.

I tried to figure out what this style "robot" is called..it really seems easier to build than a x,y robot.

Premade planetary hybrid steppers and some arms, famous last words though if you can use it just buy it.

Totally missed this thread the first go around....

I think I need one of these. I've been wanting to build replacement F&R clips for SxS's but the lack of being able to make the tabs and brackets without outsourcing them has been holding me back. This could be the affordable solution I am looking for. :smokin:

I tried to figure out what this style "robot" is called..it really seems easier to build than a x,y robot.

Premade planetary hybrid steppers and some arms, famous last words though if you can use it just buy it.
When you get the prototype built and working let me know, I'll take one. :flipoff2:

Maybe some variation on a pantagraph system?

Anyone have serious concerns that this is a scam of some sort? Fixing to order one and you guys are my scamometer.:flipoff2:
the dude on fab rats has one, the inventor was on his youtube channel, it isn't a scam.

When you get the prototype built and working let me know, I'll take one. :flipoff2:

Sign me up too!

I don't trust youtube reviewers, so was hoping to get first hand experience with someone who laid down their actual money.

If it wasn't obvious I am not the one to pull this off. For a machine on that envelope a $200 laser cutter would be a much better starting point than having me build one.
We'll be in WW3 by the time I get started :lmao:.

I have bought a bunch of parts to build a conventional x,y machine just sort of stopped fucking with it.

Well its on my list for fabtech. If I like it and they have a show special its just inside the fuckit, its coming home budget range

It works for what I need to do. mostly one off brackets and tabs for projects. definitely not a production machine by any means

Grind Hard Plumbing uses one all the time. If you like it order it and fuck the haters.
For a home gamer making brackets and shit it will be awesome, if you need bigger use it to make the brackets and parts for the bigger table then sell it to the next clown.
They are still using the shit out of it and it seems to be working and holding up well.

Watched grind hard use theirs some more, they seem to get a lot of use out of it, more than others I have seen.
MORR has one , they never use it. Finnigan had one, never uses it.

Maybe ArcDroid just sent a demo unit to to these guys and they didn't keep them?

I think where this really shines is guys who have smaller shops. I would have to be making money with it to justify the space any reasonably sized plasma table takes up but this thing can get thrown on a shelf when you're not cutting.

Tom Tom will have that ArcDroid turning out some good parts!

I like the idea. I couldn't get past the tiny, tiny cut area.

Well I picked one of these up for my shop where im constantly fighting for space. I have access to full size tables through buddies for larger stuff, but for link brackets and other stuff that can fit in its small cut envelope this machine will be perfect to have immediate access to.

Paired it with a Hynade CUT80NP. After a little bit of getting used to it and getting some test cuts in I drew up a axle stand for my fixture table and cut it out.

Test cut
20240228_191209.jpg

20240228_191202.jpg
20240228_191154.jpg
20240228_192641.jpg
20240228_192805.jpg
20240228_192813.jpg

I am pretty happy with how this thing works and how small it is. I find the trace/draw feature handy

Top Back Refresh