1 gallon apple juice
1 lb. brown sugar
1 lb. sugar in the raw
1 tsp. apple pie spice
1 tsp. allspice
2 oz. cinnamon sticks
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3.25 liters everclear

Bring everything except the alcohol to a rolling boil and let it cool to below 150° freedom units before adding the everclear or it just boils off and you're stuck with non-alcoholic apple pie shine:flipoff2:

This one is in the 65-70 proof range but you can barely taste the alcohol. Warm it up and enjoy on a cold fall day.

Last edited:
IIRC you need to heat everything sans everclear up to dissolve the sugar?

Thanks for reminding me about the pie. I just cracked the seal on some I made in 2015 with the 190 proof everclear. Talk about smooth.

1 gallon tart apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
1 lb. brown sugar
1 lb. sugar in the raw
1 tsp. apple pie spice
1 tsp. allspice
2 oz. cinnamon sticks
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3.25 liters everclear

Bring everything except the alcohol to a rolling boil and let it cool to below 150° freedom units before adding the everclear or it just boils off and you're stuck with non-alcoholic apple pie shine:flipoff2:

This one is in the 65-70 proof range but you can barely taste the alcohol. Warm it up and enjoy on a cold fall day.

This is almost exactly how I've made mine (other than the tart apple cider). Does the tart A.C. make much of a difference? May have to give it a whirl, I just hate to fix something that isn't broke!

1 gallon tart apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
1 lb. brown sugar
1 lb. sugar in the raw
1 tsp. apple pie spice
1 tsp. allspice
2 oz. cinnamon sticks
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3.25 liters everclear

I do the same except rather than vanilla extract I us a fifth of Dr McGillicuddy's liquor.

This is almost exactly how I've made mine (other than the tart apple cider). Does the tart A.C. make much of a difference? May have to give it a whirl, I just hate to fix something that isn't broke!

I think it makes it really pop. If I can't find the tart cider I sub in some lemon juice instead.

Top Back Refresh