What's new

Anyone watching The Outsider on HBO?

Add

Pool boy
Member Number
Loc
Applegate, Ca
Holy shit....it's damn good. Jason bateman stars in it and it's just as gripping as Ozark.

I just reread the book again. Third time now. I reread because I didn't even know that they made a TV series for it and wanted to freshen up a bit before I started it.

Is it a one season and done? Or going to be more?

I'm not really sure. Buddy just told me about it this afternoon. I started it tonight and cannot stop watching.

It starts out good ,drags in the middle and ends with a meh. Acting and writing is good. But it suffers from a typical Stephen King weak ending.

Ozark didn't deliver anything except Country Folk Retarded Criminals and Upper-middle class Suburbanites cool and smart. Fucking stupid show.

So not holding out much hope for The Outsider. Looks like more pozzed Hollywood shit to me.

I like Bateman but he plays one character: Justin Bateman, the tossed-aside Hollywood child-actor with a cynical bent on life and lots of dry wistful comments. Long suffering sighs.

He's a great one-trick pony but it is one trick.

'Your Honor' on Showtime is pretty damn good. Just started last week, I don't want to spoil anything but worth a watch.

Ozark didn't deliver anything except Country Folk Retarded Criminals and Upper-middle class Suburbanites cool and smart. Fucking stupid show.

So not holding out much hope for The Outsider. Looks like more pozzed Hollywood shit to me.

I like Bateman but he plays one character: Justin Bateman, the tossed-aside Hollywood child-actor with a cynical bent on life and lots of dry wistful comments. Long suffering sighs.

He's a great one-trick pony but it is one trick.

Thank you for your gripping review of Ozark

Thank you for your gripping review of Ozark

You're welcome. Because after he found the hillbilly family in the ruins with the stolen money, the show was done. That must have been where the original writing team left off before somebody bought the show.

Started The Outsider last night cause it was too cold to be outside in the garage. Had to be at least 40-42 :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Figured I would watch the first two............after the 6th I had to leave it and go to bed!! :homer:

It was good. Not great and some of the plot points that they left out from the book were disappointing but that is the case for every adaption.

Didn't care at all for Holy's character in the show. I liked her MUCH better in the book. Way more OCD, odd, perceptive, and focused. The love interest, drinking, etc. was not needed.

Holy shit....it's damn good. Jason bateman stars in it and it's just as gripping as Ozark.

I'll have to give it a whirl, in spite of the claim of it being as good as Ozark. Ozark is dogshit.

I'll have to give it a whirl, in spite of the claim of it being as good as Ozark. Ozark is dogshit.

I have never seen Ozark so I can;t comment on that.

Outsider is good. Not mind blowing. I do think that production team is pretty awesome. The sound alone is amazing. Camera angles, etc. and I usually don't notice or care about stuff like that.

Top Back Refresh