What's new

Anyone know of a WiFi Router that supports POE on the WAN interface?

Microtik is usually legit, but the last time I was in one of those routers GUI it made my eyes bleed.

Not user friendly in the slightest. That was years ago though, so maybe now it's not so ass.

doesn't really need one... but it provides option for vlans to keep camera traffic separate from the rest of the traffic from the barn.

Plus, I needed POE for the cameras and nano stations.
Makes sense, but wouldn't a switch give you the same thing?

I recently added two unifi switches to my shit, but really haven't even messed around with that I can actually do with them. Whenever I get around to actually running some cable, they should be handy for isolating some shit on my network though.

I recently added two unifi switches to my shit, but really haven't even messed around with that I can actually do with them. Whenever I get around to actually running some cable, they should be handy for isolating some shit on my network though.
guess it depends on if he has a managed switch handy or not.

Haven't put that much effort into my home network, but separate VLANs for security, home appliances, etc would be kinda nice.

I mistyped... it's a 16 port switch...

This is the guy I was using for about a year and a half:
poeOffer.jpg

For the cost of a case of beer and shipping, it is yours:eek: Helping someone out and getting out of my computer crap box would be nice:lmao::homer:

I mistyped... it's a 16 port switch...
OK, that makes more sense. Although 16 port still sounds overkill. :laughing:

Sidetrack:
I picked one of these guys up recently - unify flex mini. 4 port POE powered switch. You can feed it POE and get up to 25w worth of POE on the 4 other ports. Seems like they'd be awesome for doing clusters of cameras where you only need to feed one wire to an area where you'd then be able to run up to 4 cameras.

1711579865032.png

They even make an outdoor enclosure for it.
1711579892313.png

OK, that makes more sense. Although 16 port still sounds overkill. :laughing:

Sidetrack:
I picked one of these guys up recently - unify flex mini. 4 port POE powered switch. You can feed it POE and get up to 25w worth of POE on the 4 other ports. Seems like they'd be awesome for doing clusters of cameras where you only need to feed one wire to an area where you'd then be able to run up to 4 cameras.

1711579865032.png

They even make an outdoor enclosure for it.
1711579892313.png
What would the 'technical' name for that be? For those of us who like the theory but would rather not deal with Unify.

Top Back Refresh