What's new

Anyone have a source for aisin hub service kits?

Deleted Member

My IFS hubs on my van (same as any pickup/ runner 86-94?) need new gaskets and o-rings. Anyone have a decent source for these?

Thanks man... I did finally find the right set on Fleabay...

in case anyone else needs a set.

Even comes with detent ball/ spring for dial.:grinpimp:

I was just looking at this kit, as I need the o-rings. Yotamasters has them too though. All the other gaskets are coming in my Trunnion Eliminator kit so I should be covered.

I was just looking at this kit, as I need the o-rings. Yotamasters has them too though. All the other gaskets are coming in my Trunnion Eliminator kit so I should be covered.
Yah, it's hard to find all the gaskets AND o-rings in one fell swoop... This winter I got a bunch of snow/ water all up in the dam hubs because my o-ring on the pass side got roasted. The hub wasn't pulling back and it was making a whirring noise. :laughing: All cleaned up and just waiting on the kit. Thankfully I had a spare at least until the kit arrives.

What’s funny is that I was one of the first responses and I’ve never rebuilt mine. Just flush them with solvent and relive with marine grease every few years:laughing:

I really aught to get a couple of these and do them right.

What’s funny is that I was one of the first responses and I’ve never rebuilt mine. Just flush them with solvent and relive with marine grease every few years:laughing:

I really aught to get a couple of these and do them right.
Keeps the grease from blowing out and sucking in any moisture at the very least. I use a light coat of marine grease too on mine. I may need a new brass bushing where the cv comes through the hub, but hadn't gotten that far into it yet. They actually sell those local to me though.

Even comes with detent ball/ spring for dial.:grinpimp:

I have had many of them apart and never knew there was a detent ball and spring. :homer:

Although I've center of the dial out like once.

For those who don't know, all the aisin hubs are the same dial, samurais are all the same as a solid axle Toyota but the inner gear, the ifs hub bodies are a little different but there's conversion hub gears from rcv.

I think Isuzu and maybe some other jap trucks use them also.

They're such good fucking hubs really.

I have had many of them apart and never knew there was a detent ball and spring. :homer:

Although I've center of the dial out like once.

For those who don't know, all the aisin hubs are the same dial, samurais are all the same as a solid axle Toyota but the inner gear, the ifs hub bodies are a little different but there's conversion hub gears from rcv.

I think Isuzu and maybe some other jap trucks use them also.

They're such good fucking hubs really.
I've tried them all... warn, superwinch, mm, etc. on different applications. By far Aisins are the best design.

Except the dam cone washers. WTF did they do that! :laughing: I have a technique down for those after 30 + years, but the first time ever dealing with them was fun.

I've tried them all... warn, superwinch, mm, etc. on different applications. By far Aisins are the best design.

Except the dam cone washers. WTF did they do that! :laughing: I have a technique down for those after 30 + years, but the first time ever dealing with them was fun.

Cone washers are good for strength and preventing movement. Just not for serviceing.

I always just tap the hub body right next to the cone. 2 or 3 taps and the cone shoots off.

Cone washers are good for strength and preventing movement. Just not for serviceing.

I always just tap the hub body right next to the cone. 2 or 3 taps and the cone shoots off.
Yup. Brass drift and a hammer after a god dousing of pb blaster, or the old flat tip small screw driver for the stubborn ones.

Cone washers are the best design. What is gay is eliminating them. Just drift the stud on end with a brass bar. They pop free easily. Grab them with some pliers and pull them off. It's pretty easy.

They are only round once..hitting the hub body distorts and dents them. Drives me nuts seeing that.

I used to put some anti seize on the cone washers when I ran the Aisin Hubs. ARP hub studs are a good upgrade while you are in there as well.

I've had the hub kit on my desk for a week and a half or so. Been fighting a cold the last few days. Or the rona, dibs on my junk?
:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh