What's new

Anyone ever try this brand of winch before?

What about to have 2 winches instead of just 1?

I’d imagine most/all 25k winches are painfully slow?

big honky winch for heavy pulling or when need its low speed for technical & sketchy recoveries and a smaller winch with decent speed for ez pulls, loaded with rope instead of steel wire cable for ease of use.

What about to have 2 winches instead of just 1?

I’d imagine most/all 25k winches are painfully slow?

big honky winch for heavy pulling or when need its low speed for technical & sketchy recoveries and a smaller winch with decent speed for ez pulls, loaded with rope instead of steel wire cable for ease of use.

It's not that big but it will do what I want. I just want to find one with 200ft or more of wire rope on the drum now.

It's not that big but it will do what I want. I just want to find one with 200ft or more of wire rope on the drum now.
No you don't

Get 50 or 75 feet on the drum, carry spare 50' or 100' lengths with loops on both ends.

Lots of layers on the drum kills capacity

Way faster to unspool and easier to do dumb things in strange ways as well

No you don't

Get 50 or 75 feet on the drum, carry spare 50' or 100' lengths with loops on both ends.

Lots of layers on the drum kills capacity

Way faster to unspool and easier to do dumb things in strange ways as well

You're correct lots of layers do reduce capacity.

However, I was just going to get a winch that was designed to carry 200+ft with only five layers on the drum.

Like the old Garwood Military Style Winches.

Attachments

• Image 2-23-24 at 10.57 PM.jpeg
    Image 2-23-24 at 10.57 PM.jpeg
    583.9 KB · Views: 15
Hey there! Finding a good winch can be tricky, especially on a budget. 25,000lb is some serious pulling power, so that narrows things down a bit.

I don't have a ton of experience with electric winches myself, but I did help my brother install one on his Jeep a while back. He ended up going with a brand called Stallion, they seem to make decent winches at a fair price. Honestly, I don't remember the price he bought it for, but this week I'll ask him how much it cost him.

Here's the thing to remember - super cheap winches can be tempting, but they might not be the most reliable, especially when you're dealing with that much pulling power. You don't want your winch to crap out when you're stuck in the mud miles from nowhere!

Top Back Refresh