What's new

Anybody near Vienna Illinois? I'm stuck

Brian468

Red Skull Member
Member Number
long story short I'm heading back east before I go broke, I was driving down the highway when I lost my speedometer and 3rd gear simultaneously, I'm assuming vss but there could be a host of things wrong and I'm not from here, it's a 96 Silverado and I have no codes or anything lit up on the dash, if anyone's local and could give me a hand I'd appreciate it, I've got all the tools I could need besides a scanner.

I am an hour east of Pittsburgh so I can’t help. Did the SES come on at all? Does it try to shift to 3 and just rev or is it staying in 2nd?

did you try a battery disconnect and unplugging the the vss for a minute?

Last edited:
unplug the transmission
on a ford of that era that gets you 1,2,4 from the shifter positions, I'd bet on a chevy you'd at least get 3rd to get you moving again

Limp it to PA. I need someone to install a couple of motors an unfuck my skidsteer. You can crash upstairs from the shop.

What the fuck are you doing in podunk Vienna?

I got family in Peoria with a shop and a lift, think you can make it that far N?

Hey sorry I got it fixed and hauled ass since I haven't slept in a couple days, it was the vss like I suspected since third gear went out simultaneously with the speedo, i was just worried for no reason since I've had some weird shit happen with the trip out west, thanks fellas

and I am looking for work in Georgia or PA if any of you guys were serious who messaged me, I have places to crash in both states.

and I am looking for work in Georgia or PA if any of you guys were serious who messaged me, I have places to crash in both states.

I'm in NW GA, Calhoun to be exact. You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a decent job. If I can help, just holler!

I have some work, not sure for how long.

low wage assembly job if you can pass a piss test. 30 or so in the past 2 months couldn't

Brian, are you the guy who had a DUI in Florida and had to do some time and is now getting his life together?

Not being rude or anything just trying to make sure I have your situation correct.

Go to a prosperous area, I do not think PA qualifies as that.

Brian, are you the guy who had a DUI in Florida and had to do some time and is now getting his life together?

Not being rude or anything just trying to make sure I have your situation correct.

Pretty sure its the same guy you are thinking of. He spent a little extra time in there for giving potty training lessons to a guy who forgot, if i remember correctly from the old board. :smokin:

I'm with you on the PA thing. It wouldn't be one of my choices either. :confused:

I was gonna suggest getting your cdl, but if you've got a dui, you wont be able to land a good job.

low wage assembly job if you can pass a piss test. 30 or so in the past 2 months couldn't

That's kinda sad, you'd think clean pee would be a priority if you were desperate for work

Yeah that's me, I did pretty well up in PA this year work wise since no one wanted to risk working when the virus started just not where I want to stay, I got stuck up there when all the Coronavirus crap started then we lost dad.

Living out west is still my end game, I just lost some money on a business deal that fell through and then I had some serious truck issues so I figured be safe and bank some money again, I never want to go back to the situation I put myself in a couple years ago.

Pretty sure its the same guy you are thinking of. He spent a little extra time in there for giving potty training lessons to a guy who forgot, if i remember correctly from the old board. :smokin:

I'm with you on the PA thing. It wouldn't be one of my choices either. :confused:

PA doesn’t have high wages but it also has a low cost of living.

If you want to come to Michigan we are hiring for HVAC work, willing to train someone that is willing to work.

i`m bumping this up not because i`m stuck but i`m still looking for work in North GA if anybody needs a mechanic, one of the old bats in my moms community called the HOA about my truck with out of state tags so I can`t stay in PA and work for a while like I had planned.

Top Back Refresh