What's new

Any smoker fans here?

My first attempt at brisket. It turned out pretty good.

photo23717.jpg

Last edited:
I've given up on brisket.

A friend of mine got the Franklins technique down, started selling the stuff on the side... just word of mouth. Made so much $$$ he built a big smoker on the back of his shop and makes upper middle class wages smoking and drinking beer 3 days a week, with 4 days off.

This shit is 9 stages beyond world class, so from here on out ill be "uh, gimmie two 20 dollar sacks" :laughing:
FB_IMG_1600308540577.jpg
FB_IMG_1600308719939.jpg

I've given up on brisket.

A friend of mine got the Franklins technique down, started selling the stuff on the side... just word of mouth. Made so much $$$ he built a big smoker on the back of his shop and makes upper middle class wages smoking and drinking beer 3 days a week, with 4 days off.

This shit is 9 stages beyond world class, so from here on out ill be "uh, gimmie two 20 dollar sacks" :laughing:

That looks FN amazing!

Wow! I wish he was my dealer, I'd be getting a sack of that every week!

cool. and i learned to smoke from a world champion. i said what i thought it looked like. I also said to each his own. you keep doing what you like and i'll do mine.

edit: I'll retract my statement about the middle. i blew the picture up and it looks different (good) and much less cooked than the smaller picture. my feeling still stands on the bark

Heres a better picture of some cut short ribs on how the bark is. I dont wrap my ribs so the bark usually looks a little dryer than it really is. I like a stiffer bark on the ribs so I dont wrap. I do wrap brisket though.
20200627_183857.jpg

20200627_182254.jpg

Pellet grills are the Instapot of smoking. The White Claw of BBQ. The Zima of cooking. :flipoff2:

For brisket I gave up on smoking it the whole time. I smoke it for a couple hours, then into the sous vide for many hours. It's inauthentic, but it tastes very good and the texture is awesome. But I can admit that Zima tastes good, and in the 90's everyone drank it.

Top Back Refresh