What's new

Any Perkins/ Mitsubishi/ Caterpillar experts in the house?

Hell I still run plain ol green in everything. A lot of my stuff has conditioning pellets in the water filters. Other stuff I'll dip test it for nitrates and add some Napakool if it needs it.
Nothing wrong with it if you don't mind keeping up with DCA levels.

I don't have anything that old and CAT switched to ELC decades ago so it hasn't been a part of my career with CAT.

Here you go.
I have a few things I want to do to it, but they are minor.
SR80 pic 1.jpg
SR80 pic 2.jpg

Right now the snow on our road and driveway is broke up a little. On that, the tracks have been great.
It was solid ice a couple weeks ago and I am not sure how the tracks would do on that.
I would guess you might not be able to push a lot, but my plans include a snowblower. I think that will do fine.

Still running great.
After using this thing for a couple months pushing snow, I am impressed with it. I had been using a Case/IH 885 4wd tractor, and the skid steer will push way more snow than the tractor. It is way faster and more maneuverable. They are close to the same weight and HP.
Another benefit, we currently have about a 2' base and a foot of powder on the ground. The tracks float around and go places that would be impossible on tires of any kind.

I have an oil leak I want to see about. I think it is the side cover on the block as shown in the picture.
Is it a simple cover that comes off easy, or is there more to it than that?

1680977662694.png

My snow buddies say rubber tracks on snow is no bueno, what you think on that?

Asv was started by one of the founders of the big snow mobile brands. They are actually very good for snow from what I've read. Notice the tracks have small lugs and siping?

Very hard pack or ice, the tracks can suck, but so can regular dirt tires.

I ran a tracked jcb last winter with "all season" tracks and it was great until you had to turn on a hill. Once the tracks spun it basically polished the snow into ice and you were done. I'll take the small disadvantage of tracks in the winter over the huge disadvantage of tires in all the other seasons. Although the travel speed of tires would be nice (8mph vs 12mph)

I want to get a set of the steel bolt on cleats for kinda "oh shit" instances.

Asv was started by one of the founders of the big snow mobile brands. They are actually very good for snow from what I've read. Notice the tracks have small lugs and siping?

Very hard pack or ice, the tracks can suck, but so can regular dirt tires.

I ran a tracked jcb last winter with "all season" tracks and it was great until you had to turn on a hill. Once the tracks spun it basically polished the snow into ice and you were done. I'll take the small disadvantage of tracks in the winter over the huge disadvantage of tires in all the other seasons. Although the travel speed of tires would be nice (8mph vs 12mph)

I want to get a set of the steel bolt on cleats for kinda "oh shit" instances.
Track chains?

There is a local company making these. I have heard good things about them.
They look like a pretty good setup.
CinchTrax

Top Back Refresh