Group events

New Mexico

Any Interest In an Irate Wheeling Trip?

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
I know folks are spread out across the state, but is there any interest in an Irate wheeling trip? I think most people are located near the Albuquerque area, and Socorro is nearby and centrally located in the state. What say the rest of you? :beer:

I'd be very much down to awaken the yota for a trip to socorro. Could also do Puerco as well, but Socorro's more fun.

Cool, does anyone have a preference on when they want to go? I am available Fri-Sun pretty much every weekend coming up aside from Thanksgiving. Also how hard of trails are people wanting to do? My rear locker isn't working right now, but I could probably get a buddy to ride with if people want to get crazy.

Cool, does anyone have a preference on when they want to go? I am available Fri-Sun pretty much every weekend coming up aside from Thanksgiving. Also how hard of trails are people wanting to do? My rear locker isn't working right now, but I could probably get a buddy to ride with if people want to get crazy.
If supra can't go the next few weekends and you can't do thanksgiving, Want to shoot for Dec4?

Far as difficulty is concerned my rig is pretty much good for any trail up to about Coyote Hills. I don't have a cage yet so anything above that is getting pretty spicy. If not then Dec11 would also work for me and I'd have friday off on my 9/80.

I'd probably suggest a normal Hidden Valley-Bad Hair Day- Catscratch-Dougs Dilemma-Coyote Hills loop and just see how far we get.

If supra can't go the next few weekends and you can't do thanksgiving, Want to shoot for Dec4?

Far as difficulty is concerned my rig is pretty much good for any trail up to about Coyote Hills. I don't have a cage yet so anything above that is getting pretty spicy. If not then Dec11 would also work for me and I'd have friday off on my 9/80.

I'd probably suggest a normal Hidden Valley-Bad Hair Day- Catscratch-Dougs Dilemma-Coyote Hills loop and just see how far we get.

Either of those dates/weekends should work for me.

Which trail is Catscratch? I've heard a few people refer to it, but I am not sure which one that is.

Which trail is Catscratch? I've heard a few people refer to it, but I am not sure which one that is.
Here, I drew it up as a KML on google earth right quick. Irate wouldn't let me upload the file directly so I screencapped it. For reference, what you're looking at is the Chupadera mine road. To the left you can see the exit from BHD, and at the top of the screen you can see the old yellow water tanker.
Capture.PNG

Here, I drew it up as a KML on google earth right quick. Irate wouldn't let me upload the file directly so I screencapped it. For reference, what you're looking at is the Chupadera mine road. To the left you can see the exit from BHD, and at the top of the screen you can see the old yellow water tanker.
Capture.PNG

Cool, I've run that one a few times, I just didn't realize it was called Catscratch :laughing:

Every time I run it, I break something. I just started calling it Bronco Buster :homer:

Last edited:
A couple of us will likely be game for an early Dec run to Socorro. There has been a lot of trail breaking out there, but unfortunately myself and the couple friends I 'wheel with aren't in that group.

Speaking of... Puerco... A couple of us have found new, challenging shit out there. I'm talking shit buggies with 39 stickies haven't made. You just have to look for it. This would be in the same area as a single locked rig on 35s could have fun. Folks are set on the usual, explore, there's some bad ass shit in the Puerco!

A couple of us will likely be game for an early Dec run to Socorro. There has been a lot of trail breaking out there, but unfortunately myself and the couple friends I 'wheel with aren't in that group.

Speaking of... Puerco... A couple of us have found new, challenging shit out there. I'm talking shit buggies with 39 stickies haven't made. You just have to look for it. This would be in the same area as a single locked rig on 35s could have fun. Folks are set on the usual, explore, there's some bad ass shit in the Puerco!

Some of my buddies have been breaking most of the new buggy lines in the Puerco over the last couple of years. Definitely some cool stuff out there. I just hate dealing with the retards out there.

What else has been opened recently down in Socorrow besides Secret, Jim's Jinx, Say What!?, and Hacksaw? The only one I don't know where it is is Hacksaw since all the rest are on the original map :homer:

The only one I don't know where it is is Hacksaw since all the rest are on the original map :homer:
Speaking of the old map, do you have a copy handy at the moment? I have it on my personal but not my work laptop. Is there a way we could pin it to the NM group here somewhere?

I have a lower resolution copy on my phone that I attached and the full resolution version on my personal laptop. I also have everything (that I am aware of anyway :laughing:) mapped out in KML/KMZ. I will look into adding files to the group.

Attachments

• 087C64B7-53F8-4C6E-A5FA-E42251B2D1AD.jpeg
    087C64B7-53F8-4C6E-A5FA-E42251B2D1AD.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 17
I tried making an event for the Group Calendar since I noticed it was an option. It looks like it sorta worked, but the calendar is also shitting its pants on my end. Does it display properly for others?

I put the date as tentative so that If we decide to move to the next week we have that option. We can adjust as more people make plans or figure out their schedules.

I tried making an event for the Group Calendar since I noticed it was an option. It looks like it sorta worked, but the calendar is also shitting its pants on my end. Does it display properly for others?

I put the date as tentative so that If we decide to move to the next week we have that option. We can adjust as more people make plans or figure out their schedules.
Thanks, I just got on to do that, it is showing fine on my end :beer:

I'm pretty much ready to lock in for Dec 4th if everyone's ok with that. I have to borrow a truck and trailer so I'd prefer to finalize the plan if everyone's game.

Lock it in! I've already invited a few others for the 4th :homer:

I am hoping I'll have my rig ready, but if not I'll hop in with one of the folks I invited. I ended up pulling my rear locker out and sure enough, it is trashed again :shaking: I am waiting on some parts, but I think I'll be able to get it back together in time.

willis_racing is the spot I circled in red what you are referring to as the staging area? 34°06'30.82" N 106°49'38.66" W for anyone who doesn't recognize where the screen shot is.

C001E3E7-4D92-4F9C-852E-612F44AFA72C.jpeg

So is the plan meet at that spot at 930? I have never been to the area, is it pretty easy to get to? Still not for sure in but hoping to make it.

Also, anyone else going to have families in tow? Might have wife and kids (2 6 year Olds and a 3 year old) with me

So is the plan meet at that spot at 930? I have never been to the area, is it pretty easy to get to? Still not for sure in but hoping to make it.

Also, anyone else going to have families in tow? Might have wife and kids (2 6 year Olds and a 3 year old) with me
Yes sir. That spot is where everyone parks with their trailers usually. It depends on the rain and when they last graded, so sometimes the road gets a bit chewed up and you may need to put your tow rig in 4WD if you have a heavy trailer to get up the hill just before the area circled in red on the screen shot I posted (FYI the brown path is the graded road). I usually make it just fine in 2WD with a bit of momentum up that hill.

I will be solo, but I don't see any reason not to bring your family.

I'll pack some extra TP and juice boxes for ya :flipoff2:

God I would have loved to be going on proper wheeling trips at that age. Seems like fun to me.

Sorry guys, I'm out, COVID got me bad!
Willis_racing we'll figure out a way to get you that flag.

Top Back Refresh