What's new

Any interest in a monthly SE IBB forum trail ride?

Would you be interested?

• Yes

Votes: 29 96.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Couple decently built rigs for sale right now on nc4x4.com!
I have my 4runner, but being a daily and all doesn't help, and being a guy my size makes me question if I am going to build it or go for something bigger. A cage inside the runner would actually be on my head now.

And the runner is about as stock as the day it rolled off the line....

If the midwest guys do an October run this year to SMORR and Disney I highly recommend anyone who can try to get out there, too. It was a lot of fun.

Really hoping I can make a couple of these dates for the eastern wheeling.

If the midwest guys do an October run this year to SMORR and Disney I highly recommend anyone who can try to get out there, too. It was a lot of fun.

Really hoping I can make a couple of these dates for the eastern wheeling.
After watching the Ultra4 races at Disney, I definitely added it to my list of places to visit sometime.

I have my 4runner, but being a daily and all doesn't help, and being a guy my size makes me question if I am going to build it or go for something bigger. A cage inside the runner would actually be on my head now.

And the runner is about as stock as the day it rolled off the line....
I hear you on the size. I used to have an internal cage on my Tacoma but cut it out because I would have been in the ICU after a 5mph fender bender on the street it was so tight in there.

I hear you on the size. I used to have an internal cage on my Tacoma but cut it out because I would have been in the ICU after a 5mph fender bender on the street it was so tight in there.

Biggest reason I have a buggy now. Rolled my exo'ed toy truggy in a comp and still got knocked out from hitting the roof.

Biggest reason I have a buggy now. Rolled my exo'ed toy truggy in a comp and still got knocked out from hitting the roof.
That's one of my biggest hold ups on the Runner. I already don't have room to wear a helmet, much less adding tube inside.

Looking for a small full size truck, TTB F150 excab Should work well, and SD swap it, should be easy and painless and put some power in it to make it fun to drive. And room around the melon to protect it and keep a cage inside.

After watching the Ultra4 races at Disney, I definitely added it to my list of places to visit sometime.
I’d recommend avoiding Disney on a crazy weekend like big meat run and that. It used to be awesome back in the day but from what I see now, it’s a major traffic jam cluster fawk… unless you like that type of thing. It’s heavily loaded up with trail tampons (SXS’s) now too. A bunch of them will go on a trail ride and then stop in the middle of it and stand around partying. I had very loud air horns off of a semi truck in my buggy and I’d lay on it to get their full attention. Then tell ‘em to move there shut or I’ll use it for traction. Big tired buggies lined up would force them to move :laughing: I do miss that tho.

What I’m working on building now will be the size of a SXS uuuuugh :homer: I still have my air horns tho :laughing:

I’d recommend avoiding Disney on a crazy weekend like big meat run and that. It used to be awesome back in the day but from what I see now, it’s a major traffic jam cluster fawk… unless you like that type of thing. It’s heavily loaded up with trail tampons (SXS’s) now too. A bunch of them will go on a trail ride and then stop in the middle of it and stand around partying. I had very loud air horns off of a semi truck in my buggy and I’d lay on it to get their full attention. Then tell ‘em to move there shut or I’ll use it for traction. Big tired buggies lined up would force them to move :laughing: I do miss that tho.

What I’m working on building now will be the size of a SXS uuuuugh :homer: I still have my air horns tho :laughing:
Good to know all around. Sounds like SxS folks do the same things regardless of regional location.

Last edited:
If you do Ivy Branch/Hatfield I am in but all I have together right now is a fairly mild XJ and a KRX1000

Very cool. I have heard of, but not been to Good Evening Ranch. What are the trails like there?
Rockcrawling type trails with big boulders. This years UA videos give a good taste of what the trails are like. Very compact park that feels larger than it is. Added bonus the cabins are nice and there is a bar and grill on the property. Plenty of buggy stuff and moderate stuff for non buggy people. I also like it because the real hardcore trails/obstacles are easily accessible off the main trail system so opportunities to watch people get stupid if you are in a mixed group. Also there are a decent amount of lines through the trails in a choose your own adventure type of way. Unlike a windrock for example.

Last edited:
Rockcrawling type trails with big boulders. This years UA videos give a good taste of what the trails are like. Very compact park that feels larger than it is. Added bonus the cabins are nice and there is a bar and grill on the property. Plenty of buggy stuff and moderate stuff for non buggy people. I also like it because the real hardcore trails/obstacles are easily accessible off the main trail system so opportunities to watch people get stupid if you are in a mixed group. Also there are a decent amount of lines through the trails in a choose your own adventure type of way. Unlike a windrock for example.
Awesome description.

Top Back Refresh