What's new

Any high end whiskey guys?

Texas97

Surgical Shotgunner
Member Number
Loc
Texas
I'm looking for some hard to find whiskey as a present. It's probably $300 a bottle stuff.

If you are a guy that knows that collectors market, I'd like to talk to you about how to procure a bottle.

And no, it's not Pappy

My go-to whiskey has always been R & R but lately I've been drinking mostly peach crown and real sugar Pepsi. It's delicious. :smokin:

Stagg Jr. isn’t especially hard to find, but it is limited release. I’m a huge Buffalo Trace guy, but Stagg Jr. isn’t worth even the retail price to me. For high proof stuff, this is substantially better IMO. May vary from batch to batch.

Last edited:
Have you tried total wine? They might be able to get it for you. Hell, Specs might be able to also.
You have to be a third tier member to get into the drawings at TW. Specs would be a possibility, but wouldn't hold my breath.

That's scotch. So a different animal. I've had blue label. But in not a scotch guy

Stagg Jr. isn’t especially hard to find, but it is limited release. I’m a huge Buffalo Trace guy, but Stagg Jr. isn’t worth even the retail price to me. For high proof stuff, this is substantially better IMO. May vary from batch to batch.

Substantially better? That's a bold claim

The last time I was at the distillery I got a bottle of E.H. Taylor for $80 or less IIRC. It used to be that you could get decent and good bourbon for reasonable prices. COVID and hipsters overwhelmed the distilleries with tours and you can hardly get in one now and it's a cattle car type tour...IF you can get one.

I can have my wife swing into both liquor stores up here in town and see if they can come up with it.

Well shit may as well, if anyone's holding an unopened bottle of 2020 Midwinter's Night Dram from High West I'd buy it off you. :usa:

That's scotch. So a different animal. I've had blue label. But in not a scotch guy

Substantially better? That's a bold claim
Right, I passed this up on Friday because for the price did want to gamble. Good fucking luck getting Stagg around here. Is it truly worth it? because ill grab it this week.

Check with LOL Liqours in SA, they might have it. Reading online it sounds like they have a better bourbon selection than most. No clue if that’s actually accurate or not, but worth a try.

Top Back Refresh