What's new

Any Boss Plow installers here?

Baconator

Member Number
photo32608.jpg
I had a local Boss Dealer install a plow on a 2020 Chevy, they did an absolute shit job on it.
I am trying to figure out how these plugs are supposed to be mounted, they are just free to flop around right now and doesnt seem right to me. Our old Curtis plow had a mount for these down low at the plow mount, but this doesnt look like it has that.

That looks like an SB connector, there are some nice flush mount options if dont mind punching a hole in something.

Seems to be the norm, no more work than absolutely necessary. When I bought my new Ram in 15 it had a Fisher 9.5' super Vee, they couldn't even be bothered to adjust the headlights!

Depends on what model weve ran some Boss plows in the past. Some were hard mounted as far as wire/plugs...some floated out of the grille or just below and above the bumper...some of it depend on "who is doing the initial intall"...
which is running rampid everywhere... "half-@$$ supposedly qualified installers"..
which isnt limited to plow installations n only....

Depends on what model weve ran some Boss plows in the past. Some were hard mounted as far as wire/plugs...some floated out of the grille or just below and above the bumper...some of it depend on "who is doing the initial intall"...
which is running rampid everywhere... "half-@$$ supposedly qualified installers"..
which isnt limited to plow installations n only....

Im kicking myself for not just doing it ourselves. Too busy right now so we went to the pros, completely reaffirmed the phrase about doing it yourself and being done right.

FWIW I have the tab of mine welded to my front tow hook. Its fine but my plan is to take it off the hook and tuck the wires away come spring. I work 500ft from the front door of Boss in Iron Mountain MI. Safe to say we are a "BOSS" town. Most of the guys here just have their plugs hang like yours. Mine don't but they will come spring when I have time to get rid of the tab holding them there.

That looks like all the installations I've seen. The plugs on my old 89 dodge plow truck hang just like that.
you could fasten them up nice for the off season.

Lol that looks to be the standard install for my area. I do question the omg these wires look bad when in reality you putting a plow on a truck to ram shit at 25mph. By far the most abusive thing you can do to a truck is put a plow on it.

My theory is plows only go on 5k or less trucks. You need to have a few trucks for when one shits the bed you take plow off and put it on the next one up.

My theory is plows only go on 5k or less trucks.

Agree~

Rule of thumb around here is that plows (doing snow removal business) only lasts 2 or 3 years & rather spend money on already pricey parts to repair, sell or ditch for newer model-

We actually moved to the Hiniker 6000 series poly scoop plow. Very impressed with them. They are light and can take a punishment. Bent a front frame horn on a f350 pickup without damaging the plow any. We have 3-4 pickups and a few loaders going 8-10 hours every snowfall.

I have an old Curtis for my truck. I really like the hookup setup on these. When the plow isn’t installed the subframe isn’t so obvious and the plug has a cover and is hardwired like you stated. I don’t plow for a living. I just do my small mobile home park. Every year I have people ask me to plow for their company. I was approached by the school district this week. Everything you make plowing just gets ate up in truck maintenance in the long run. I think an old beater truck is the way to go. When it dies, get another. I can’t imagine putting a plow on a brand new truck . But I’m a cheap old bastard.:grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh