Crankylove

Member Number
Loc
4B, ID
6 onions
3 cloves garlic
2 sticks butter
2lbs speed goat backstrap

Butter, onions, and garlic in a pan, cook ‘em for a bit.
Throw in sliced backstrap, cook some more.

Some mashed taters to spoon the leaving over, gourmet meal.

E62A315E-1FCE-4CCE-A99D-761D15FF6C8C.jpeg

Cant eat it if ya cant get within 800 yards of a live one . ... I think Eagles and wolves have better odds.

Cant eat it if ya cant get within 800 yards of a live one . ... I think Eagles and wolves have better odds.

I was 75 yards when I shot my antelope buck. Granted he was laying down and I snuck up behind him.

Most of my goats are taken under 200 yards.

Longest was about 525, shortest was about 35.

Last edited:
I shot one in Wyoming about 15 years ago. I tried a few different ways of cooking it, but couldn't get rid of the strong sage taste. I ended up giving most of it away to the local Amish and they loved it.

I shot one in Wyoming about 15 years ago. I tried a few different ways of cooking it, but couldn't get rid of the strong sage taste. I ended up giving most of it away to the local Amish and they loved it.

Seems like it should have been made into sausage!

I've always been told to soak it in milk for a while. Never tried it as I didnt mind the taste and haven't hunted them in close to a decade

Top Back Refresh