What's new

Another whatsit?

They about 3’ long and all nest inside each other?

I would say oxy lance. Hook it up to an oxygen bottle, spark it up with a battery and some jumper cables and burn the shit out of pins. I drive those bitches down the center pin pins to shrink them enough to get them out of a stick hole .

My sticks

73DAE877-CE09-49FE-989D-E353C04B4532.jpeg
Are these are the mythical 1/8" pipes that get used to burn out pins?
Small end towards the oxy lance big end to the pin?

We only use the exo-thermic lances, I guess the same thing but use magnesium ish rods inside to provide the "fuel".

Are these are the mythical 1/8" pipes that get used to burn out pins?
Small end towards the oxy lance big end to the pin?

We only use the exo-thermic lances, I guess the same thing but use magnesium ish rods inside to provide the "fuel".
Same deal. They are rod that burns hot and you shoot oxygen down them at the same time to get the steel to burn. You can push them down through a 12” long pin no problem other than getting showered by sparks lol.

They about 3’ long and all nest inside each other?

I would say oxy lance. Hook it up to an oxygen bottle, spark it up with a battery and some jumper cables and burn the shit out of pins. I drive those bitches down the center pin pins to shrink them enough to get them out of a stick hole .

My sticks

73DAE877-CE09-49FE-989D-E353C04B4532.jpeg
I had to YouTube what that was. That's a pretty cool process that I feel dumb for not knowing it existed.

I had to YouTube what that was. That's a pretty cool process that I feel dumb for not knowing it existed.
Yeah work great but they are pretty much a last case deal. Just because of the shower of sparks :lmao:. 90psi of pure oxygen blasting out the end of a thermite rod that is burning what could go wrong :lmao:.

Yeah work great but they are pretty much a last case deal. Just because of the shower of sparks :lmao:. 90psi of pure oxygen blasting out the end of a thermite rod that is burning what could go wrong :lmao:.
It's not if you are going to be severely burned just where..
They are bad ass though, about the only way to get the bottom lift cylinder pin out on a 980.

This type of tubing is used for many things in industrial settings. Sometimes it can be used in heat exchangers for example. I'd say he was using it for tool purposes like said above.

It's not if you are going to be severely burned just where..
They are bad ass though, about the only way to get the bottom lift cylinder pin out on a 980.
It’s crazy how tight those bottom boom cylinder pins get. The engineers did the math right in those. Either that or the guy who was assembling the loaders were dipping the pins in a salt water before sticking them in lol

It’s crazy how tight those bottom boom cylinder pins get. The engineers did the math right in those. Either that or the guy who was assembling the loaders were dipping the pins in a salt water before sticking them in lol
Not sure if I've told you my theory but I want to try loctiting the pins in with 641 retaining compound. Then try pulling the pin by heating the frame and using the press group, thinking the loctite might prevent rusting.

Not sure if I've told you my theory but I want to try loctiting the pins in with 641 retaining compound. Then try pulling the pin by heating the frame and using the press group, thinking the loctite might prevent rusting.
Also grease! :lmao:

Use a couple thou undersize pin or oversize bore and solder the gap. Removal should just require a weed burner and hammer.

Use a couple thou undersize pin or oversize bore and solder the gap. Removal should just require a weed burner and hammer.
That might work but a custom pin is way outside of the scope a revenue shop technician.
If they just used the collets like they do on the tilt cylinders we might have a fighting chance.

Yeah that’s a no go. We are talking pins that are hard as glass and blind pinholes in the sides of a loader frame. The frame is 2”+ thick at the pin locations. No way you gonna get that bitch hot enough to solder without fucking up the cylinder you’re installing.

Yeah that’s a no go. We are talking pins that are hard as glass and blind pinholes in the sides of a loader frame. The frame is 2”+ thick at the pin locations. No way you gonna get that bitch hot enough to solder without fucking up the cylinder you’re installing.
and no way the solder doesn't just squeeze out, even hard solder or bronze

and no way the solder doesn't just squeeze out, even hard solder or bronze
Silver solder would hold up but you would never get it hot enough to get it to flow in the joint. I do like arse_sidewards off the wall suggestions but it shows he has never messed with this shit irl for a living.

Top Back Refresh