What's new

another stupid phone thread (os related)

[486]

smells things
Member Number
Loc
pine city MN
Anyone know how to make it let me delete system32?

Seen the calyx and graphine stuff, but that seems a little extreme... oh wait, "camera" needs access to my microphone to take pictures
Which pixel phone isn't a total piece of shit? I want a small screen and don't mind needing to dig the dead battery out of an old used one.

Someone's gotta be into this kinda shit

Last edited:
I've heard good stuff about the 6A as far as pixel phones.

The rest of it, couldn't tell you, it's been on my list to root my current OnePlus 6T for 1.5 years and I still haven't gotten the motivation to fuck with it.

I'm a fan of the pixel line as well- doesn't have all the mfg add-ons to android that others do.

Other favorite that seems to last forever are the active line of the Samsung Galaxy. Something like a 7s active or 8s active maybe? Dunno if their hardware specs are up to current standards enough to not run newer apps slowly, but they are fawking bullet proof. I think 2big bronco still runs a flavor of that?

As for batteries- I'm pretty sure most modern phones have the batteries soldered to the board these days.

I'm a fan of the pixel line as well- doesn't have all the mfg add-ons to android that others do.
they are from google, android is google

they're just the ones listed as fully compatible with the retarded paranoia firmware where other phones are not
I like my 'poverty-spec' samsung trash lm212vl whatever the fuck, but nobody puts in the effort to break into them because those interested in that shit all got the hardon for flagship 'vanity-spec' hardware

Other favorite that seems to last forever are the active line of the Samsung Galaxy. Something like a 7s active or 8s active maybe? Dunno if their hardware specs are up to current standards enough to not run newer apps slowly, but they are fawking bullet proof. I think 2big bronco still runs a flavor of that?

As for batteries- I'm pretty sure most modern phones have the batteries soldered to the board these days.
Yep, been running s7 and s8 actives for 10 years or so. Seem to work great and you cant kill them

they are from google, android is google

they're just the ones listed as fully compatible with the retarded paranoia firmware where other phones are not
I like my 'poverty-spec' samsung trash lm212vl whatever the fuck, but nobody puts in the effort to break into them because those interested in that shit all got the hardon for flagship 'vanity-spec' hardware
yes, and what he's saying is that android is an open source operating system and many other third party manufacturer's add in shit to the ROM image.

Google provides you with "vanilla" android. It's become the default for the other roms because the hardware is natively supprted in android, so you don't have to fuck around with making hardware work in your custom rom.

compare your samsung cartoon gui to the base android one and you'll see the differences.

What exactly is it you're trying to accomplish here? Making it so google doesn't spy on you? Good luck, you'll break all the functionality of your phone to do that. if you're serious, then buy a pixel and install a rom that does that. You're not just gonna delete files and shit in your OS and have a good time.

I've got a pixel 5a, bought it new. You can root it and delete all the Google shit if you want.

I do minimize my use of google apps, but the phone just flat works.

What exactly is it you're trying to accomplish here? Making it so google doesn't spy on you? Good luck, you'll break all the functionality of your phone to do that. if you're serious, then buy a pixel and install a rom that does that. You're not just gonna delete files and shit in your OS and have a good time.
pretty much... my shit is already kept off of the internet, the wi-fi is always disabled and my prepaid data hasn't been being consumed, so it is all pretty well dicked already

unless any of the spyware communicates through texts and voice call minutes 56k dialup type shit lol

I dunno, I kinda wanna play around with that whole mobile internet idea, but...
There was such a bright future, why did it have to get all 1984-y

then you need to root the device so you're a super user and can do anything you want.

xda dev is where you're most likely to find how to root it.

IPhone. With a Passcode not that facial or thumbprint security.

Nothing you do will not be spied on but at least Apple protects your privacy.

then you need to root the device so you're a super user and can do anything you want.

xda dev is where you're most likely to find how to root it.
found one thread full of broken english with a bunch of third-worlders trying to get their e-waste trashpicked phones working
lol

w/e I'll worry about it in another several years

found one thread full of broken english with a bunch of third-worlders trying to get their e-waste trashpicked phones working
lol

w/e I'll worry about it in another several years
buy a pixel next time.
install whatever secure rom you want.

it's the easy button.

IPhone. With a Passcode not that facial or thumbprint security.
Nothing you do will not be spied on but at least Apple protects your privacy.
neg
buy a pixel next time.
install whatever secure rom you want.

it's the easy button.
yeah, I'm still burning through "70 dollars with a year of service included" tracfone bullshit phones
300 bucks just seems steep in comparison

neg

yeah, I'm still burning through "70 dollars with a year of service included" tracfone bullshit phones
300 bucks just seems steep in comparison
$330 after you slap a screen protector on it and then cram it into a waterproof clamshell case.

High end phones are not meant to live the life you live. The dust exposure will break them in months to a year.

$330 after you slap a screen protector on it and then cram it into a waterproof clamshell case.
why do that, last one made it 4 years with nothing before the charge port died
pretty sure I could tear it apart and ultrasonic/heatgun the boards to get it working again

Top Back Refresh