What's new

Ambient air temp sensor code.... persistant

Ravenbar

Member Number
Loc
NY
Been having problems with my parents '06 for better than 6 months. Started out with a purge valve code that ended up in replacing the TIPM then ECM. TIPM fixed a headlight issue, but not the purge valve. ECM fixed the purge valve, but caused the headlight issue to come back. Using the old TIPM, and new ECM fixed both those problems, but caused an ambient air temp sensor code that won't go away.

Wirings good from the AAT sensor to the TIPM(0 ohm resistance on both wiresa), and 4 different sensors show the same fault.

Any clue where to look next?

Edit: Additionally, the temp display in the cab shows -40(open circuit), and sometimes wiggling the wires going into the TIPM make some other temp display. I'm almost thinking the TIPM is going to be making a trip to my electronics bench for some soldering repairs. Asked my father which TIPM was instaled and he said the original. Apparently the replacement made the high beam switch immediately kick back down to low beams, meaning he had no high beams at all.

I'm thinking there's a bad solder joint in the TIPM, breaking the connection between the sensor and the computer. Hoping that if I take the TIPM apart, some quick rework with a soldering iron will fix it.

Re tensioning the terminals in the harnesses? Is the aat in the driver mirror or in the grille area?

Top Back Refresh