What's new

Amazon issues WTF

Try living in the middle of nowhere. I know when something says next day delivery that that assumes you live somewhere near a distribution center. Something that is next day delivery in Seattle is a 5 day wait for me. I also don’t expect to hold them to next day delivery thing because it’s not their fault I choose to live as far away from a big city as I possibly can.

I have had stuff from Nevada from Summit Racing hit my door in a day and a half.

Amazon is just using COVID as an excuse to provide garbage service after charging millions of people a PRIME charge, which used to guarantee 2 day shipping.

Try living in the middle of nowhere. I know when something says next day delivery that that assumes you live somewhere near a distribution center. Something that is next day delivery in Seattle is a 5 day wait for me. I also don’t expect to hold them to next day delivery thing because it’s not their fault I choose to live as far away from a big city as I possibly can.
Farmington is super far away from everywhere? :flipoff2:

I have had stuff from Nevada from Summit Racing hit my door in a day and a half.

Amazon is just using COVID as an excuse to provide garbage service after charging millions of people a PRIME charge, which used to guarantee 2 day shipping.
Summit and SATV get me stuff in 2 days. Amazon 3 to 5

UPDATE:

The reorder, which was also a third party seller shipped by Amazon, was supposed to be here on Tuesday. Reasonable amount of time for a large priced item with a signature requirement. I will definitely be looking closer for the "other buying options" from now on. Thousands of items over the years and I've never had issues like this before.

Also, It's new laptop day!!!! 😃(the nerds will understand)

It's going to be here today.

shipping.jpg

Farmington is super far away from everywhere? :flipoff2:
Everywhere that’s a shipping hub. You know what the population is here? When I pay my rent I put an envelope in the mail at USPS. That check goes all the way to Albuquerque to get sorted then comes back to farmington to go 4 streets away to my landlord.

Albuquerque is not a shipping hub. Salt Lake, Denver, Phoenix are DCS shipping hubs. They are all 8 hours away.

Everywhere that’s a shipping hub. You know what the population is here? When I pay my rent I put an envelope in the mail at USPS. That check goes all the way to Albuquerque to get sorted then comes back to farmington to go 4 streets away to my landlord.

Albuquerque is not a shipping hub. Salt Lake, Denver, Phoenix are DCS shipping hubs. They are all 8 hours away.
I get it... I am 45 minutes off of I-40. I still wait a week.

I get it... I am 45 minutes off of I-40. I still wait a week.
Yeah your about 4 hours from me. I-40 is a main shipping route with DCS’s on both sides of you and you still wait a week. Farmington isn’t on a main route to anything. We’re 100 miles from the closest exit to I-40 but everything that comes here comes through Albuquerque 200 miles away.

Yeah your about 4 hours from me. I-40 is a main shipping route with DCS’s on both sides of you and you still wait a week. Farmington isn’t on a main route to anything. We’re 100 miles from the closest exit to I-40 but everything that comes here comes through Albuquerque 200 miles away.
Oh I know... I have been through your neck of the woods every trip to Colorado. You are about an hour from Durango, and 1.5 hours off of I-40 also? I usually take the Shiprock path through there, it's more scenic. :laughing:

I really like the area over that way.

Timely thread.

My business Prime expired and I see it is $150 to renew

I have been shopping without it and haven't noticed much of a difference in shipping speeds.

Not sure if I am going to renew or not.

Are returns still easy without Prime, ie: drop them off at the UPS store?

Our fulfillment center is less than 100 miles from here... Rarely does anything show up in 2 days, usually a week or more.

after the last prime renewal was $150 dollars I don't think we're gonna do it next year.

costs go up, but my deliveries take more than two days ever since they stopped shipping UPS. Then it turned into "well that's just two day shipping, not a guarantee that you'll have it in two days or when it will leave our warehouse"
then they stopped giving any sort of credits or anything when they fuck up. used to be when I complained about my shit not being here on time they'd toss me $5, now it's just "you get it when you get it"

so anyway, it sure seems like prime is mostly about buying a video service these days, and I don't need a video service, I want two day delivery on my shit because it was nice not driving 45 minutes to go get things.

plus now the state collects sales taxes, so I'm not even getting a break on that anymore.

I used to make enough from them to cover my membership and then they started doing the shit you listed and the last 3-4 moths they've been doing the crap the OP listed.
I won't be re upping either.

Summit and SATV get me stuff in 2 days. Amazon 3 to 5

The irony here is that you’re way more secluded than me. I’m an hour and a half north of Pittsburgh, south of Erie, and an hour from Youngstown. Amazon still delivers anywhere from 5 to 20 days.

The whole Just In Time Manufacturing philosophy feels like it has spilled over into other aspects of life. It works great when conditions are optimal and resources are plentiful, but starts to break down when things like a pandemic panic, weather, natural disaster, resource shortage, etc happen. I think a lot of us also are now guilty of falling into the trap. It's been so easy to just order something online and get it the next day, or run down to the store and grab it off the shelf, that we don't bother keeping spares or extra supplies.

I was thinking about that the other day when I realized I needed new brake pads on my bike, and ordered some on amazon for the next day rather than grab a pair from my now very bike bare parts drawer.

Might be time to change that philosophy and stock up on consumables/common spare parts for all the stuff I like to do.
That's one reason why I'm investing in stuff in my shop, now have a two post lift, tire machine, balancer and am working on adding tools to fill the gaps in my sets.
I thought we had a thread about how amazon quick delivery was going away?

When you pick something out there will be a "see other buying options" button. Click it and for the most part its the same product through different retailers, sometimes its will show you reman/returned products. Its how i got my $475 d70 lockrite for $175, cause the box was shitty.
Just check to make sure it's the right parts ASAP when they show up, was doing front suspension and ordered tie rod ends, inner tie rod end was a returned one and whoever returned it returned a non-moog tie rod for a different vehicle in the box. I didn't catch that until I was under the gun to get it out the door and ended up having to go drive a half hour in each direction to buy a $60 one to get the same part as I could have bought on Amazon for $26...

Aaron Z

I am about equal distance from I-40 and I-25, then 40 plus miles to Alb. Alb. is supposed to have a warehouse I don't know what they stock because I have never gotten anything from there. Closest place anything I order comes from Goodyear AZ then it goes to Phoenix, then back to Goodyear, back to Phoenix and finally Alb.!

Here’s my Amazon wtf. Dumbass drove up my neighbors driveway and down his hill and buried a Sienna in the mud at 8:00 last night.
E6884CB7-555E-4072-A3E1-FFED79E0C4EB.jpeg
Ha! Same thing happened next door, van sat there for 2 days before they rescued it.

I also don’t expect to hold them to next day delivery thing because it’s not their fault I choose to live as far away from a big city as I possibly can.
You're saying they do still promise you'll get your stuff next day? Why the heck wouldn't they "nope, that ain't happening" since they know where you are?

Ha! Same thing happened next door, van sat there for 2 days before they rescued it.
My neighbor was not interested in letting the van sit there or have some unknown tow company on his property. Other neighbor buried his tractor trying to get it out so I winched the tractor out, then the minivan and sent mr no Engrish driver on his way while discussing how bad we thought the minivan would shake with its wheels packed full of mud 😂.

I still get plenty 1-3 day shipments on time. Ordered a Firestone air bag kit last wednesday that was supposed to be delivered monday and received it friday(early). I do have to watch it when I'm ordering, if I change the address from work to home or vise versa it will change the delivery day by as much as three days. Work and home are within 2 miles of each other.

I still get plenty 1-3 day shipments on time. Ordered a Firestone air bag kit last wednesday that was supposed to be delivered monday and received it friday(early). I do have to watch it when I'm ordering, if I change the address from work to home or vise versa it will change the delivery day by as much as three days. Work and home are within 2 miles of each other.
I see the same thing, a couple days difference for a relatively short drive from home to work.

Aaron Z

Being a seller on Amazon is not that easy. The "Buy Now Box" that is in yellow, Amazon can steal it from a 3P seller at any point, even though the 3P seller has a better price. I posted a thread in the seller forum about this and it received a lot of responses from other sellers.

Even though it says that Amazon is fulfilling and shipping, that may not be the case. Sometimes Amazon contacts out to 3P sellers but it will show Amazon still.

They charge over a 10% fee, depending on the category on Amazon per item sold. I think clothing is around the highest at 18%. They take 18% and the seller gets the remaining.

There are three customer performance matrix and three shipping performance matrix for a seller. If you mess up in these, they give you a warning, but if you have several issues at once they can shut your account down until you make them happy with a 3 why preventive measures. I learned the hard way, and they suspended my account and held $70k dollars until I could figure out what they wanted for their preventive measures. Took me almost 5 weeks to fix it. I was behind on shipping during Covid, due to winches not drop shipping fast enough.

Walmart free 2 day has actually been 2 day the last couple times I've used it. Amazon, hit or miss

Top Back Refresh