What's new

Amazon issues WTF

Jscwerve

Member Number
Loc
Fla
So, I needed a new backpack. I started researching last week and settled on the one I wanted. It was Friday, the best price and fastest shipping was on Amazon. Order placed Friday evening, supposed to be delivered Sunday. Things like this sometimes slip a day or two, and that's fine. Get the confirmation email later and it says the delivery was updated to January 24. WTF? I go back to the original page of the pack, sold by the manufacture, and it states that if purchased now it would be delivered the next day.

Canceled original order, ordered another, arrived when it said it would (second day after ordering).

Yesterday, I am going to purchase a new laptop. I find the one I have been looking at 100 different stores for. Once again, best price, fastest shipping is Amazon. Should be here Monday the 23rd. Place order ($2k BTW). Get confirmation, check order today for a tracking number, now order states "Delivery estimate January 30th". WTF?

Talk to Amazon customer service, they say it's because they are just fulfilling the order, the third party is in charge of shipping. I look at the page for the laptop, of course it says "order within XX time, get it by Tuesday the 24th. Cancel original order, it cancels almost immediately, place order for same EXACT thing while making sure it is fulfilled by a different vendor, it'll be here Tuesday.

Why the hell do they not just place the order with the fastest shipping vendor available? Hell, the one I canceled and rebought today I actually got $50 cheaper. It is the SAME EXACT PAGE on Amazon.

Anyone else running into this bullshit?

rotating fulfillment by contract, you cancel and it kicks to the next vendor instead or reordering through the same fulfillment vendor as your previous order. play the game and keep screwing the slow guy

rotating fulfillment by contract, you cancel and it kicks to the next vendor instead or reordering through the same fulfillment vendor as your previous order. play the game and keep screwing the slow guy

There's more to it than that. Even the orders "fulfilled by Amazon" - as in it's in one of Amazon's warehouses will still go to sellers and not always the cheapest or fastest ones. I'm sure there's some kind of preferential treatment from Amazon mixed in the somehow.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 12-12-17 Your Orders.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 12-12-37 Track Package.png

Made by Amish on the East coast...but still.

after the last prime renewal was $150 dollars I don't think we're gonna do it next year.

costs go up, but my deliveries take more than two days ever since they stopped shipping UPS. Then it turned into "well that's just two day shipping, not a guarantee that you'll have it in two days or when it will leave our warehouse"
then they stopped giving any sort of credits or anything when they fuck up. used to be when I complained about my shit not being here on time they'd toss me $5, now it's just "you get it when you get it"

so anyway, it sure seems like prime is mostly about buying a video service these days, and I don't need a video service, I want two day delivery on my shit because it was nice not driving 45 minutes to go get things.

plus now the state collects sales taxes, so I'm not even getting a break on that anymore.

Odd....all my COVID tests (36-count box), masks, gloves, and goggles all showed up the next day...?
I'm kinda surprised they're not stuffing a few "free" masks and gloves into every order shipped now. I know it's gotta suck to be storing all of that stuff that literally every mfg ramped up production of only to have it sitting idle now that the pandemic is over according to joe biden, and since no one is mandating them, no one is out buying them other than the highest level of paranoia leftists who still believe the sham. lol.

Must be a big city thing, the only place I have been promised 2 day delivery is COSTCO, unless there is trouble with the shipping company they are generally here on time. Walmart is three days, and the same. I don't remember ordering anything from Amazon and promised 2 day delivery

The whole Just In Time Manufacturing philosophy feels like it has spilled over into other aspects of life. It works great when conditions are optimal and resources are plentiful, but starts to break down when things like a pandemic panic, weather, natural disaster, resource shortage, etc happen. I think a lot of us also are now guilty of falling into the trap. It's been so easy to just order something online and get it the next day, or run down to the store and grab it off the shelf, that we don't bother keeping spares or extra supplies.

I was thinking about that the other day when I realized I needed new brake pads on my bike, and ordered some on amazon for the next day rather than grab a pair from my now very bike bare parts drawer.

Might be time to change that philosophy and stock up on consumables/common spare parts for all the stuff I like to do.

I thought we had a thread about how amazon quick delivery was going away?

When you pick something out there will be a "see other buying options" button. Click it and for the most part its the same product through different retailers, sometimes its will show you reman/returned products. Its how i got my $475 d70 lockrite for $175, cause the box was shitty.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I go through this with my mother all the time.

Pay attention to who it ships from and sold by.

This is sold and shipped by amazon

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 5.23.05 PM.png

This is sold and shipped by a 3rd party seller
Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 5.23.18 PM.png

This is shipped and fufilled by amazon but sold from a third party seller.
Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 5.23.38 PM.png

And avoid buy now because it will default to the slowest shipping method in my experience.

Last edited:
Tldr
Fukkin amazon.com hasn't delivered a prime 2 day delivery in months, MANY MONTHS.
Prices aint half the time better than in town also.
Sucks cuz time was I could get products delivered at 1/3 off of my towns price , in 1-2 days.
Now 2 weeks unless the use ups then all bets are off....:mad3:

Here’s my Amazon wtf. Dumbass drove up my neighbors driveway and down his hill and buried a Sienna in the mud at 8:00 last night.
E6884CB7-555E-4072-A3E1-FFED79E0C4EB.jpeg

From my experience..
Usually if it doesn't come from Amazon directly, its a fail.

Ordered eight hardware bins. Two arrived, broken... along with two rolling garage creepers (made by the same manufacturer) that I didn't order. Then, the other six hardware bins arrived a few days later. I guess the two creepers are worth more than the broken bins at least.

From my experience..
Usually if it doesn't come from Amazon directly, its a fail.
Weird I don't usually have that problem except once when I tried to order 5w-40 rotella like that. And even then it seemed reasonable since it was when you couldn't find it locally anywhere

I cancelled my Prime membership. There has been nothing prime about them for 3 years. Even in the beginning that "free" shipping was on products that somehow cost more by the same dollar amount of shipping on the non-Prime products. It's been a scam since the beginning. They set it up using expensive UPS and Fedex shipping from a few warehouses. The huge explosion of new warehouses was largely so they could switch to using UPS and Fedex as just basically the last mile instead of the whole thing. So they have to pick your junk out of a warehouse and get it into another one before any shipper gets to see it. It was designed to be like this from the start.

Just to show how crappy Amazon can be…

I ordered bump stops before December 31. Tracking says it went out at 5pm. A week goes by and I’m now seeing ‘you can request a refund’ on the order.

The tracking number started with TBA. My personal opinion is Amazon requires tracking info uploaded from sellers in a specific time, and people learned to screw amazons rules.

Then there was the order for a birthday five I had get ‘undeliverable’ and Amazon said they refunded it. All three times I called. Eventually I disputed the charges and got my money back. Amazon of 2023 is not Amazon of 2010 and it shows.

I have given up on Amazon. I’ll pay more from Summit or Jegs or whoever.

Our shipping time from Amazon now is usually 3 weeks.

yep fuck amazon i quit using them a couple years ago after they raised there prime prices and the shipping went to shit. 2 day shipping turned into a week or longer.

Try living in the middle of nowhere. I know when something says next day delivery that that assumes you live somewhere near a distribution center. Something that is next day delivery in Seattle is a 5 day wait for me. I also don’t expect to hold them to next day delivery thing because it’s not their fault I choose to live as far away from a big city as I possibly can.

Top Back Refresh