What's new

Am I reading this correctly? GMC Hummer EV

You did not misread that... All the listed hums look to be over 7500 ft lbs of torque. Sounds like axle twists incoming for gm:laughing:
Although it's most likely limited so as to not break things:rolleyes:

I'm guessing the multiplied the output at the motor through all the gears to come up with that number... or some other crazy way.... maybe common core.... possibly the numbers in the morning after the torque calculator was shut down for the night.

GM IFS be like
41b31872aeb4694797e1f4b91802bd66.jpg

I'm guessing the multiplied the output at the motor through all the gears to come up with that number... or some other crazy way.... maybe common core.... possibly the numbers in the morning after the torque calculator was shut down for the night.

It claims 1000 hp as well. You can't multiply through gears to get that, considering parasitic loss.

Not a far fetched number in the EV truck world. The Rivian truck website is saying 750 HP and 10,325 lb-ft of torque, and it looks like they may be very close to production. On the other hand, the cyber truck is only posting 600 HP and 1000 lb-ft of torque which I believe more than the 10K or 11K others are bragging about. Another factor is these trucks will never be heavy enough to put 1,000 of torque to the ground let aloe 10,000 lb-ft.

Not a far fetched number in the EV truck world. The Rivian truck website is saying 750 HP and 10,325 lb-ft of torque, and it looks like they may be very close to production. On the other hand, the cyber truck is only posting 600 HP and 1000 lb-ft of torque which I believe more than the 10K or 11K others are bragging about. Another factor is these trucks will never be heavy enough to put 1,000 of torque to the ground let aloe 10,000 lb-ft.

Weight of the truck has very little to do with "being able to put torque to the ground" right? If we were talking horsepower then yes but torque doesnt take time into the equation.

Another factor is these trucks will never be heavy enough to put 1,000 of torque to the ground let aloe 10,000 lb-ft.

say your average toyota pickup weighs 2000 lbs

22re makes 140ft/lb at the crank
times 3.93 in first that is 550 ft/lb at the transmission output
times 2.7 stock low range is 1485 ftlb at the driveshaft
times 5.13 rear gears is 7620 ft/lb

okay not 10k, but still, toss some 4.7 tcase gears at it and that gets you there handily

Hopefully the "bUt LoOOK aT thE toRqUe nuMbeRs" crowd will start to understand why torque numbers are irrelevant if a transmission/gear reduction is involved at any stage of the drivetrain for electric AND IC engine powered vehicles.

Torque is a measure of the amount of rotating force produced by an engine—or, in the case of an EV, an electric motor (or multiple motors). It is calculated in either pound-feet or newton-meters, as measured at the crankshaft. But this 11,500-lb-ft number is almost certainly referring to the amount of torque measured at the wheels, meaning it is multiplied by the Hummer's gear ratio (or ratios).

Applying this same method to other conventional gasoline-powered trucks would generate equally shocking numbers. The Chevy Silverado 3500HD's 6.6-liter turbo-diesel V-8 engine makes 910 lb-ft at the crank, but multiplying that number by its first-gear and final-drive ratios results in an insane 14,129 lb-ft, more than the Hummer's claim.

Hummer is not providing the new electric truck's gearing at this point. But based on the light-duty Silverado's gear ratios—which range from 13.8 to 16.1 depending on engine, transmission, and final-drive options—we can guess that the Hummer's real torque number is somewhere between 715 and 834 lb-ft.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30729376/hummer-ev-torque-explained/

New 6.7 Ford is 1050 ft lbs

1st gear is 4.6 which takes it to 4830

3.73s take it to 18016

Electric tech is interesting to me. Just like the cars, they're only seek so many weird spaceships. Once they come out with a normal electric truck, it will sell. Range is always a thing. Hopefully with a truck, they'll use bigger batteries and get a 6-700 mile range.

A completely stock JL Rubicon with auto tranny has 20,020 lb/ft of torque at the wheels. Unless I’m calculating it wrong, 77:1 crawl ratio with 260 ft/lbs at the crank. 77*260 = 20,020

New 6.7 Ford is 1050 ft lbs

1st gear is 4.6 which takes it to 4830

3.73s take it to 18016

Electric tech is interesting to me. Just like the cars, they're only seek so many weird spaceships. Once they come out with a normal electric truck, it will sell. Range is always a thing. Hopefully with a truck, they'll use bigger batteries and get a 6-700 mile range.

Well, this all makes sense, just a marketing ploy, "look at our great big numbers so much better than ICE-powered truck", but when you dig deeper not so much.

A completely stock JL Rubicon with auto tranny has 20,020 lb/ft of torque at the wheels. Unless I’m calculating it wrong, 77:1 crawl ratio with 260 ft/lbs at the crank. 77*260 = 20,020

I figured low rage was cheating. 6.7 would be 48,643 ft lbs in low. :laughing:​​​​​​

The cool thing about electric is that that it literally makes that tq at 0 rpm.

Just what we need with 11,000 horsetorques. Shitty GM IFS and tie rods the size of an ants dick:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: God damn their engineers are fucking stupid.

Has the charging systems for electric vehicles advanced enough that they can be recharged in a reasonable amount of time? It takes about 10 minutes to fill my diesel truck then I’m good for almost 600 miles, how close is the recharge time? It would suck to have to wait a long time to recharge during a road trip.

Has the charging systems for electric vehicles advanced enough that they can be recharged in a reasonable amount of time? It takes about 10 minutes to fill my diesel truck then I’m good for almost 600 miles, how close is the recharge time? It would suck to have to wait a long time to recharge during a road trip.

ATLIS trucks s getting their charge time down to 15 minutes.

The spec page for the hummer says 10 minutes of charging per 100 miles of range. The advertised range is 350 miles for the high end trim. I'm sure there are thirteen asterisks specifying that you will get 350 mi if you drive 45mph on paved, flat roads with no headwind and no fat people in the car.

Does anybody here have an EV? Are the advertised ranges accurate for regular driving?

DeMuro did a youtube video on it. I was actually really impressed. Dude is kinda irritating, but his videos really go in depth.

Worth the watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2YLEPFa750

Kind of irritating is a fucking understatement!! After 45 seconds I wanted to throat punch that dude so he would shut the fuck up and stop waiving his arms around. :mad3:

Top Back Refresh