What's new

Alternator

Weasel

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Black Hills, SoDak
Need a replacement on the Cherokee. Anyone tried any of the "made is the US" brands and had good luck?

Ran across a few on the webs this afternoon:
DB Alternator - DB Electrical Alternator - UPGRADE - NEW!
JS Alternator
Mech Man - 240 amp alternator for Jeep Cherokee XJ
Power Bastards - these guys have specs that show pretty good charge rate at low rpms. 220A High Output Alternator for Jeep Cherokee, 1999 - 2000 4.0L L6 (242c.i.) - 13822-220-HD1-2 | PowerBastards.com | PowerBastards.com
Pure Power - 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4.0L L6 242CID Alternator | Tucson Alternator

Need to check with some local shops as well that do rebuilds but unsure what grade of parts they use.

I installed this one in my 98. Took a bit of grinding in the mount bracket. They offer 20% off orders over 125. Think it was $150 after discount. 10-12k miles all is good. Also have a large stereo and the sub doesn’t bring the idle down at all like the stock alt did.

5C73F4E1-0499-4330-9D91-B5AFC8B54A80.png

Mech Man has a solid reputation from my understanding. But honestly if you don't need the high amperage output, either have yours rebuilt or get one from an auto parts store that has a lifetime warranty..

I run a CS-130. It’s probably 105 amps because it came from a 90s Chevy in a junk yard. I think anything bigger requires a plug/electronic swap.

FordFascist just posted a 220+ amp one on his Jeep. Swapped out a 12SI for it in his build thread.

Winch could use the extra amps, helpful at low revs. I don't trust the part stores reman stuff without knowing what parts they stuff in them.

Top Back Refresh