What's new

All things Mattress

ArmyTaco

Member Number
Went to scope out the old thread and can't get in. So whats the ins and outs of mattresses these days? Not looking to spend a fortune as spousal support and CS is killing my check. Any decent mattresses in a box that are affordable and not a pile of shit?

Went to scope out the old thread and can't get in. So whats the ins and outs of mattresses these days? Not looking to spend a fortune as spousal support and CS is killing my check. Any decent mattresses in a box that are affordable and not a pile of shit?

i have the Nolah brand. I have had it two years or so and still love it.

Every slutty whore who lays in it always says how comfy it is. Comfy for their hands and knees AND their back!

Its a nice piece. Hybrid memory foam type shit but not that dead feeling. Has some spring to it and IS NOT HOT AS FUCK.

If I refer you you get a discount I think. So do I but I am not buying another mattress anytime soon so I don't care about that. PM if you want a code or whatever to get the discount. Nope, don't work for them . :flipoff2:

Casper is good. My wife bought one and we like it.

It still doesn't hold a candle to our tempurpedic though

I just picked up a queen sized 6” memory foam in a box from Wayfair for my enclosed trailer. Added a mattress topper and was more than happy during a week long trip to Sand Hollow.

13D109E1-905C-4002-9371-785F2B8500C2.jpeg

84EC6E80-976B-4D39-A2DD-53FBEF9A8220.jpeg

Memory foam at whatever firmness you prefer with a waterproof, or at least water resistant, cover. Bodily fluids stain them.

We have a sterns and foster hybrid with memory foam pillowtop. It’s like sleeping on a cloud. But it’s basically a 5-6 year investment. And very pricey. Have not found one that compares so we are milking it along now.

I also like the tempurpedic ones but they are pricey too. I don’t think the foam in a box ones are that great for me because I roll and turn over a lot. If I sleep on my stomach my feet are in the air being held up by my knees lol. Kinda weird if you don’t sink on very far.

Zinus green tea matters with whatever gel foam topper that's on sale that day. Wait until black Friday if you can and Amazon will almost always have a good sale

We have a Stearns & Foster Hope Bay and the Lakeridge. They do not come in a box ad they are both coil type mattress's with a memory foam top.

They are big and solid. Costco has the Lakeridge and we love it.

We have a Stearns & Foster Hope Bay and the Lakeridge. They do not come in a box ad they are both coil type mattress's with a memory foam top.

They are big and solid. Costco has the Lakeridge and we love it.

How does the lake ridge compare to the S&F? Edit nm I see it’s made by s&f.

we paid like 7k for ours

I bought a Tuft & Needle about 2.5 years ago and it's been great once I added some 3/8" ply between it and the slat frame.

We bought Casper king size at Costco (mattress only).
$800 or so as we missed their mattress sale.
Retired older spring mattress, so far we love the new one (3 months)

We have two Tuft and Needles: Original queen and Mint king. I prefer the queen but it was moved from the spare room to the travel trailer. If we ever decide to get something else for the master, I think we would get another original. The mint is a little firmer but the original has the right mix of firm but soft. The Mint was their second released model which has graphite and cooling features. I sleep hot as fuck so I need all the help I can get. Edges have more support so less falling off when my Boston terrier pushes me towards to edge. They have a pretty good return policy, I think it’s 100 days. Significant other bought two pillows at $100 each. They lowered the price to $75 each months later and sent a $50 refund check. That was unexpected and appreciated. We have their sheets, bed frame, mattresses, and pillows.

Top Back Refresh