What's new

Air Fried Food

Poopyface

Member Number
Got this baby a few days ago and fried some basic things to see how it works.

Cheese filled sausages are messy as fuck.

Who's got one and what is good to cook in these things?

20200919_184025.jpg

My slave woman uses an air fryer all the time...fries from raw potatoes, fried peppers, sausage, chicken, pork chops... There are a lot of recipies online...But you can cook anything normally done in a frying pan or in an oven in a lot less time...

My only complaint is ours doesn't have much capacity. Everything we've cooked in it has been very good, I have not tried the potatoes but I will now!

+1 for not enough space. I didn't get a big one because I wasn't sure how much I'd use it and now I don't use it much because it's not big enough to be useful :homer:

The wife has an Instapot air fryer, she cooks all kinds of food with it and all around it works great. Chicken wings, in particular, come out excellent. Capacity-wise its fine since its just the 2 of us, my only complaint is that its loud.

Fresh picked green beans. Interesting. Tastes almost like they were cooked over coal.

I read alot about limited capacity so I got a bigger one. I can fit 5 or 6 beers in there.

photo24054.jpg

photo24055.jpg

Just had some breaded shrimp ...Fricken delish.

I'll add, Good quality onion rings and curly fries.

Last edited:
Anyone have a recommendation on a larger one, wife has been talking about getting one for last few months.

Seriously looking at this stuff..

LOUISVILLE, Ky.—REVISED March 13, 2019—GE Appliances, a Haier company, has taken the hot air fry trend to a new level. The leader in industry firsts for cooking is adding hot air frying mode to its new CAFÉ™ and GE Profile™ lines of built-in wall ovens, giving consumers a convenient, clutter-free option for healthier eating. Over a recent 12-month period, more than 4 million stand-alone air fryers were sold, making it among the fastest-growing small appliance segments in the United States.

https://pressroom.geappliances.com/...-air-fry-technology-in-new-wall-ovens:smokin:

Do you just toss em in a basket? Seems like they don't cook when they touch each other.

Fresh sliced potatoes are good.

After about 5 minutes, give them a shake. I've been doing fries/tots in the air fryer for about a year...love them.

chicken wings, chuck wagon patties, chicken nuggets do great too.

If you have kids try peanut butter and jelly sandwich in there also try grilled cheese sandwich in there they turn out great and kids love them.

Did you even search bruh?

The search function works great here.

Too bad I can't figure out how to cut n copy my thread from weeks ago..:homer:

We have been doing a lot of wings and fries lately, no not frozen bagged stuff but fresh cut fries and fresh wings. Fries are cut, soaked in cool water 30 min then into a bowl with a couple of tbsp oil and a little salt and pepper. Coat the fries with the oil and into the fryer, wings the same way. When the wings are done we sauce them the same way and back into the fryer for a few.

I tried to experiment with pulled pork with pretty sad results, still edible but not great. Baked potatoes rock as do tater tots and last night we did whole little potatoes with rosemary and garlic that were killer.

I tried frozen steak and it was good but I don't think I'll use it much for that as I like it blue rare.

I was skeptical when we bought one but I am sold now.

They are exceptional at reheating pizza it’s almost like fresh out of the over the first time it was made. Also great for kids frozen chicken Nugget type things you get at Costco or wherever.

Air Fryer wings are damn tasty and super easy. We like the size of the basket for wings, as we cook multiple batches of different flavors. Eat one batch while the next one is cooking...

400 for about 25 mins- shake the basket at 10 min. At 20 min dump into a bowl and toss with wing sauce. Back in for another 5 mins.

Air Fryer wings are damn tasty and super easy. We like the size of the basket for wings, as we cook multiple batches of different flavors. Eat one batch while the next one is cooking...

400 for about 25 mins- shake the basket at 10 min. At 20 min dump into a bowl and toss with wing sauce. Back in for another 5 mins.

I buy these pecan smoked wings from the store and holy fuck they are so good in the air fryer. You get that juicy meat on the inside and crispy outside all around. Oven cooked wings tend to have a soggy side.

Got the lady one for Christmas but havent tried it yet. I want onion rings :smokin:

This is the new air fryer I was gifted. Ninja something. Very nice unit that flips up to free up counter space but has limitations so I keep the other air fryer as backup.

photo41072.jpg

you guys have the fancy ones. I've just got one that's a basket you drop crap in and it circulates from the heating element /fan above. in general mine's used as a replacement for the slow-to-heat oven/broiler.

awesome for the right things, sucks for some others. Makes awesome pork if you chunk it into 1" pieces and marinate/season it. it gives it a nice crisp like the oven broiler. Fries obviously, breaded chicken, any frozen food it re-heats well, etc. whole chickens are good but I hate cleaning it afterwards. Fried chicken from the supermarket crisps up awesome.

recent discovery was sweet potato wedges. cut them into big wedges, toss in oil and whatever spices, and throw em in like fries. They come out well cooked with a not-mushy outside. I always turned them to mush other ways so I didn't make them often, but i've gone thru 3lbs this week so far since doing them this way.

canned chickpeas are an easy snack out of the fryer. pat dry, sprinkle with whatever seasoning, air-fry for a while and you've got a chips alternate.

you guys have the fancy ones. I've just got one that's a basket you drop crap in and it circulates from the heating element /fan above. in general mine's used as a replacement for the slow-to-heat oven/broiler.

awesome for the right things, sucks for some others. Makes awesome pork if you chunk it into 1" pieces and marinate/season it. it gives it a nice crisp like the oven broiler. Fries obviously, breaded chicken, any frozen food it re-heats well, etc. whole chickens are good but I hate cleaning it afterwards. Fried chicken from the supermarket crisps up awesome.

recent discovery was sweet potato wedges. cut them into big wedges, toss in oil and whatever spices, and throw em in like fries. They come out well cooked with a not-mushy outside. I always turned them to mush other ways so I didn't make them often, but i've gone thru 3lbs this week so far since doing them this way.

canned chickpeas are an easy snack out of the fryer. pat dry, sprinkle with whatever seasoning, air-fry for a while and you've got a chips alternate.

Cleaning is a little time consuming on my smaller air fryer but this Ninja is pretty convenient. Flips up and bottom pops open for easy access. There are a few hard to reach spots and the heating elements aren't removable and hard to clean but it's been alright so far.

photo41073.jpg

Top Back Refresh