What's new

Advise requested...property purchase

Slammed&cammed

Certified Asshole
Member Number
Looking at buying a piece of ground in the middle of nowhere. Thinking private camping spot getaway place. Long term investment thoughts... Looking at 20 acres middle of nowhere Idaho.

Do you need 20 acres for a camping spot? I'd try to get less for something like that and only grab 20 if I'm doing stuff on it or to it, like logging or ranching or building or whatever.

Advice = Downsize. Buy less land.

are you looking at a certain spot.. or just 20 random acres??

is there running water, or a nice big pond??

some good trees for BBQing down the road??

a good place to have a cabin built?

one of the things nice about our ranch is sunsets.. and the ponds and creeks.. and the view..

one of the things that sux about our ranch.. is the last 8-9 miles of road, to get there, is Gravel.. with lots of dinky bridges..

Meanwhile I'm poking around for >50 acres up in Coös County. :laughing:

and I'm trying to talk momma into 359 acres on a lake full of rocky gorges. (water access only, but 4 kms from boat launch which is 3 km from paved road, which is 20 kms from my house).

are you looking at a certain spot.. or just 20 random acres??

is there running water, or a nice big pond??

some good trees for BBQing down the road??

a good place to have a cabin built?

one of the things nice about our ranch is sunsets.. and the ponds and creeks.. and the view..

one of the things that sux about our ranch.. is the last 8-9 miles of road, to get there, is Gravel.. with lots of dinky bridges..

The big question "is there internet?" :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh