What's new

Active shooter situation in Louisville, KY.

sounds like a bank robbery gone bad
Yep kind of sounds like a bank robbery.

A witness inside the building where the shooting happened told WHAS11 that an unidentified man with a "long assault rifle" began opening fire on the first floor.

"He just started firing," the witness reportedly said. "I didn't see his face. We were in the conference room. Whoever was next to me got shot, their blood's on me."

Yep kind of sounds like a bank robbery.

A witness inside the building where the shooting happened told WHAS11 that an unidentified man with a "long assault rifle" began opening fire on the first floor.

"He just started firing," the witness reportedly said. "I didn't see his face. We were in the conference room. Whoever was next to me got shot, their blood's on me."
Or someone with a beef with the bank.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - The Louisville Metro Police Department confirmed five people have died from an active shooting in downtown Louisville near Slugger Field on Monday morning.

LMPD and Louisville Metro Mayor Craig Greenberg advised everyone to avoid the 300 block of East Main Street, specifically at Old National Bank.

Calls came around 8:30 a.m. to the Old National Bank on reports of an active shooter in the area, according to MetroSafe dispatchers. The call was changed to an active aggressor report a short time later.

According to LMPD Deputy Chief Paul Humphrey, officers arrived on scene with Louisville Fire and EMS, where active gunshots were being fired.

Around 10:15 a.m., police said there is no longer an active aggressor threat and that “the suspected shooter has been neutralized.”

Police confirmed five people have died and six people have been injured and taken to University Hospital. One of the injured victims includes an LMPD officer.

The shooter was confirmed dead at the scene, and the circumstances leading to the shooter’s death have not been identified, Humphrey said.

Further details are expected throughout the day from LMPD.

Louisville Metro police officers and FBI Louisville special agents are investigating at the scene. Governor Andy Beshear tweeted that he is heading also heading to Louisville following the incident.

We’re expecting to hear from Governor Andy Beshear and Mayor Craig Greenberg in a few minutes pic.twitter.com/tbakdy4ehq
— Olivia Russell (@ORussellNews) April 10, 2023
Here’s the look down Preston. The building where this happened is on the left at the light. pic.twitter.com/mpUNrFwsyd
— Sean Baute (@sbauteWAVE3) April 10, 2023
Big police presence on Main St just outside of Slugger Field. LMPD is advising everyone to avoid the area specifically at Old National Bank.

We’re waiting for information from police @wave3news pic.twitter.com/jO6Xt6u3Cb
— Olivia Russell (@ORussellNews) April 10, 2023
Still a very active scene here downtown. Sirens have not stopped. https://t.co/Uwy0moAFl2 pic.twitter.com/nhpkAkgLar
— Sean Baute (@sbauteWAVE3) April 10, 2023
This is a developing story.

Five killed in Louisville bank shooting, police say deceased gunman a former employee​

April 10, 2023 | Kevin Haggerty

After an employee reportedly opened fire at a Kentucky bank, details continued to emerge Monday about the incident that left at least five dead and more injured.

Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD) confirmed that they responded to Old National Bank in Louisville, Kentucky after shots had been fired around 8:30 a.m. Monday morning. In one of several statements to the press, LMPD Deputy Chief Paul Humphrey verified that gunfire was ongoing when officers arrived on the scene.

“The shooter was confirmed to be dead on the scene,” Humphrey told reporters. “We do not know exactly the circumstances of his death at this time. Five people have been confirmed to have been killed inside. At least six were transported to University of Louisville Hospital, including one officer, with various injuries.”

Humphrey says the active shooter was dead upon police arrival.
5 people are dead, 6 transported to the hospital – including an officer with various injuries.
No active danger to the public at this time@LMPD will be answering questions at another update at 11:30 @WHAS11 pic.twitter.com/HBOf3Mdz3o
— Isaiah Kim-Martinez (@isaiah_km) April 10, 2023
Video from a witness shows a chaotic scene at Old National Bank in downtown Louisville.
“Active shooter at the bank” an officer screams as multiple gunshots are fired on the background.
The details emerging from this are very grim. pic.twitter.com/Ax3Gc5imNg
— Dalton Godbey (@DaltonTVNews) April 10, 2023

Though the deputy chief was unable to confirm the status of those injured at the time, ABC News had since reported the officer had been shot in the head. Employees of the bank were included among the victims and, though identities were not yet publicly reported, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear (D) told the press that a number of victims were friends.

“This is awful. I have a very close friend who didn’t make it today, and I have another close friend who didn’t either, and one who is at the hospital that I hope is gonna make it through,” he said before turning to his expectation from the public. “So when we talk about praying, I hope people will for those that we are hoping can make it through the surgeries that they’re going through. And then we’ve gotta do what we’ve done these past three years after everything — we’ve gotta wrap our arms around these families. And everybody who needs us, don’t be afraid to get some help.”

"I had a very close friend that didn't make it today."
Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear makes emotional statement on the deadly mass shooting in Louisville that killed at least four and injured eight others. Louisville shooting live updates: 4 victims killed inside bank, 9 injured pic.twitter.com/OsNiCjiZW9
— ABC News (@ABC) April 10, 2023

Beshear had alerted the public ahead of his arrival that he was en route as soon as he had gotten word of the developing situation and tweeted, “LMPD has confirmed a shooting situation in downtown Louisville with multiple casualties. I am headed there now. Please pray for all of the families impacted and for the city of Louisville.”

As for the suspect, numerous outlets have reported that 25-year-old bank employee Connor Sturgeon had opened fire in the first-floor conference room of the bank.

The Louisville shooter has been identified as Connor Sturgeon (He/Him). Was/were's LinkedIn profile remains active. pic.twitter.com/vqtbl587s7
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) April 10, 2023

NBC News further reported that the suspect may have suffered from mental health issues.

Eyewitness Troy Haste spoke with WHAS Monday morning and offered a brief account of what happened stating, “He just started shooting. Whoever was next to me got shot. Blood is on me from it.”

With more details expected to be released throughout the day, Kentucky’s Republic Sens. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul issued their own brief statements with the former posting, “Elaine and I are devastated by the news coming out of Louisville this morning. Thank you to LMPD and our first responders for your bravery at the scene. We send our prayers to the victims, their families, and the city of Louisville as we await more information,” while the latter wrote, “Kelley and I are praying for everyone involved in the deadly shooting in downtown Louisville this morning. Our hearts break for the families of those lost.”

Elaine and I are devastated by the news coming out of Louisville this morning. Thank you to LMPD and our first responders for your bravery at the scene. We send our prayers to the victims, their families, and the city of Louisville as we await more information.
— Leader McConnell (@LeaderMcConnell) April 10, 2023

Kelley and I are praying for everyone involved in the deadly shooting in downtown Louisville this morning. Our hearts break for the families of those lost.

towards the middle it says

"And then we’ve gotta do what we’ve done these past three years after everything — we’ve gotta wrap our arms around these families."

whats with the 3 years? what did I miss?

towards the middle it says

"And then we’ve gotta do what we’ve done these past three years after everything — we’ve gotta wrap our arms around these families."

whats with the 3 years? what did I miss?
If it came from our governor, he means covid. He was all about that shit.

it sorta reads like it was LMPD Deputy Chief Paul Humphrey

i have issues with the way it was written, and we all know how bad of a writer I am
Louisville Metro ain't got the best record of anything either lol

I think if we want to stop this stuff... people at places where we spend our day (school, home, stores, work) need to start treating each other better OR at least reset expectations for how things are going to be.

People get supremely butthurt at these locations and when things don't go well, they think that there will be some kind of reflection on the environment they have been living, working, learning in and there never is.

People respond to this stuff with simple answers like ban guns or arm everyone. The answer is we need to treat each other better and not be so awful to each other and we need to lower our expectations for our companies and institutions so that people don't expect them to solve every single issue and that most people are mostly okay except for people who need treatment.

More complicated but a better way to solve it.

I went to training for the active shooter stuff (how to prevent it) by the best group out there working on this problem. From their experience and background, you'd think they'd recommend a bunch of SRO's or weapons, metal detectors or cameras or that kind of stuff.

Nope. Their advice, you don't any of that stuff. You need to know the people who come every day. You need to know what is going on with them, how they are doing mentally, and you need to create good, positive relationships with the people you are around every day. That is how it stops.

Now, watch the reactions to this and you'll see. We don't have any intention of doing that (it doesn't cost anything) and people will cling to their one syllable solution because people just want to fight, they only want to feel aggrieved and offended and whoever they blame for how things are is as varied as there are people on the planet. (its the russians, its trump, its biden, its schools, its pge, its liberals, its whoever)

I suspect this will just go on for a long time. On the radio this morning I heard about the Louisville shooting and I thought: 'I have known two people who were either involved in the place or were victims (of a sort) in shootings (two different events) which brought home to me (made personal) the impact of what happened. Even with that 'connection' to the events, it is hard to know what to say to them. It has been a long time since the first event, but i know the person involved (the principal) and he never got his life back at all. The second is super recent, but, I'm pretty sure it will be part of that person's life forever.

We could fix this, I just don't think the will is there.

I think if we want to stop this stuff... people at places where we spend our day (school, home, stores, work) need to start treating each other better OR at least reset expectations for how things are going to be.

People get supremely butthurt at these locations and when things don't go well, they think that there will be some kind of reflection on the environment they have been living, working, learning in and there never is.

People respond to this stuff with simple answers like ban guns or arm everyone. The answer is we need to treat each other better and not be so awful to each other and we need to lower our expectations for our companies and institutions so that people don't expect them to solve every single issue and that most people are mostly okay except for people who need treatment.

More complicated but a better way to solve it.

I went to training for the active shooter stuff (how to prevent it) by the best group out there working on this problem. From their experience and background, you'd think they'd recommend a bunch of SRO's or weapons, metal detectors or cameras or that kind of stuff.

Nope. Their advice, you don't any of that stuff. You need to know the people who come every day. You need to know what is going on with them, how they are doing mentally, and you need to create good, positive relationships with the people you are around every day. That is how it stops.

Now, watch the reactions to this and you'll see. We don't have any intention of doing that (it doesn't cost anything) and people will cling to their one syllable solution because people just want to fight, they only want to feel aggrieved and offended and whoever they blame for how things are is as varied as there are people on the planet. (its the russians, its trump, its biden, its schools, its pge, its liberals, its whoever)

I suspect this will just go on for a long time. On the radio this morning I heard about the Louisville shooting and I thought: 'I have known two people who were either involved in the place or were victims (of a sort) in shootings (two different events) which brought home to me (made personal) the impact of what happened. Even with that 'connection' to the events, it is hard to know what to say to them. It has been a long time since the first event, but i know the person involved (the principal) and he never got his life back at all. The second is super recent, but, I'm pretty sure it will be part of that person's life forever.

We could fix this, I just don't think the will is there.
Politeness is the word your are looking for, saying Please, thank you, excuse me are all the lubricant that allows society to work together.

23 yo bank employee Connor Stugan. Current it seems.

Top Back Refresh