What's new

Active shooter at elementary school in Nashville TN?

nahmus

Refugee from syrup
Member Number
Loc
East Coast
hearing kids and shooter killed. Some kind on christan academy school. Anyone seeing anything?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) – Metro Police are investigating shooting Monday morning at The Covenant Presbyterian School.

Metro Police confirmed there was an active shooter at the school, and the shooter is dead. Student reunification is at Woodmont Baptist Church, 2100 Woodmont Boulevard.

Officials responded to a shooting at a school in Nashville on Monday with multiple victims confirmed, authorities said. The suspected shooter is dead, police said.

"An active shooter event has taken place at Covenant School, Covenant Presbyterian Church, on Burton Hills Dr.," Nashville police said in a tweet. "The shooter was engaged by MNPD and is dead."

Earlier the Nashville fire department said there were "multiple" victims.

"We can confirm we have multiple patients. Parents coming to the school should go to 20 Burton Hills at this time. This is an active scene," the department tweeted.

Convent is a private Christian school in Nashville for preschool through 6th grade, CBS affiliate WTVF reported. Last year, the school ran an active shooter training program, the station reported.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated.

1679934532031.png

Death toll at 5 according to these guys

These don’t usually happen at private schools, first one I can remember.

DBFE228D-C66E-42DA-B271-3D3FCA1082C6.png

My sister works at this school and her 2 kids are enrolled. My sister is fine and are being told both her kids are fine although she hasn't physically seen her son.
I am glad to hear they are OK. And good thoughts sent for the loss of, I am sure, friends, co-workers, people they know.

Fuck this shooter, fuck the shit-bags who will use this to give example to agendas.

Honestly school aged kids have been victims of oppression since early 2020. We all agreed that that entire situation would affect them forever, the result of which could manifest in all sorts of bad ways.

But if we just took reasonable precautions and continued to live a normal life we couldn't blame Trump.

Shooter was a female with two AR style weapons according to the Nashville PD response she was taken out by the responding officers good on them that’s a lot better than the debacle in Texas
Update I saw said the shooter was a teenager who identified as female. Don't know if that's the new PC way to say female or if that's letting the reader know the shooter had obvious mental issues.

coincidence?

cliffs:
establish a federal office to shape policy about gun violence.
mandate that victims of gun violence, students, teachers and medical professionals be on the board.
(B) REPRESENTATIVES.—The additional6
members described in subparagraph (A) shall7
include not fewer than 1—8
(i) survivor of gun violence;9
(ii) community violence intervention10
service provider;11
(iii) public health official;12
(iv) medical professional who provides13
trauma care;14
(v) mental health clinician;15
(vi) official from a department of jus-16
tice of a State;17