What's new

ABS code C0034-2F (not the wheel sensor)

Johann

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Triangle area NC
Having trouble with my 2013 RAM 155K on the dial. Faulting out quickly after starting. I can feel the ABS module firing. Code pointed towards the sensor, wiring, hub or module.

Pulled the sensor and saw a bit of wear on the tip along with a bunch of grease. So I cleaned it all up and put in a new sensor. Repair held for 16 miles...

Module still pulsing and it faults out. Runs fine once it trips and turns off the ABS and traction control.. Only problem is I also lose cruise control! :emb3:

Didn't really check the hub carefully and with the mileage I suspect that, but I do not want to keep throwing parts at it. Anyone diagnose this recently? Last ABS problem I had with my WJ a new sensor fixed so I have hit my knowledge limit.

Make:
Dodge
Code:
C0034-2F
Definition:
Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor - Signal Erratic
Description:
When the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Module detects multiple drastic changes in Right Front wheel speed.
Cause:

CHECK RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR FOR LOOSENESS
INSPECT CIRCUITS/CONNECTOR/TERMINALS FOR DAMAGE
RIGHT FRONT WHEEL BEARING AND HUB OR ENCODER FOR DAMAGE
RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE

Failure Type:

Signal Erratic
This sub type is used for failures where the signal is momentarily implausible (not long enough for "signal invalid") or discontinuous.

Thats all I got:lmao:

Didn't really check the hub carefully and with the mileage I suspect that, but I do not want to keep throwing parts at it. Anyone diagnose this recently? Last ABS problem I had with my WJ a new sensor fixed so I have hit my knowledge limit.
A hub is inexpensive to try if you don’t have an oscilloscope or advanced scan tool already.

Since you was in there so it shouldn’t be too bad to completely remove the hub to have it in your hand to really feel how it spins. More often than not I can positively identify a bad hub doing that way, where I otherwise couldn’t detect any issue while still bolted to knuckle.

Top Back Refresh