What's new

Aaaand pollution contributes to covid spread...

I know the aerosol spread has been debunked

That's quite literally how airborne viruses get spread but if you say so...

That said diesel particulate emissions are such a tiny fraction of what is in the air that it would have nearly no effect even if all diesels disappeared.

they've been pulling this string for a long while.

what the hell do you think "build back better" as a campaign slogan stood for :confused:

Says youtube or an actual scientific publication?

COVID is NOT an airborne virus, says everybody. there was a flash in the pan from a couple scientists who wanted to change the definition of "airborne" so that they could rightfully claim covid was airborne, but alas they were not as successful as the gal who got "racism" changed in the dictionary to mean "power plus privilege"

edit: that said, large droplet aerosol transmission is a way for upper respiratory virus' to spread.

COVID is NOT an airborne virus, says everybody. there was a flash in the pan from a couple scientists who wanted to change the definition of "airborne" so that they could rightfully claim covid was airborne, but alas they were not as successful as the gal who got "racism" changed in the dictionary to mean "power plus privilege"

edit: that said, large droplet aerosol transmission is a way for upper respiratory virus' to spread.

Funny, the pubs I've been reading are saying that it is likely spread via both large droplets (relatively speaking, still micron size) and the smaller super fine ones that are considered "airborne"

EDIT: reading in such poorly regarded journals such as nature, lancet, and science.

Not airborn.
Fact.
Sorry CNN didn't tell you.
They were able to make it linger in the air for a short while by using certain nozzles on spray bottles but that's as close as they got.

Not airborn.
Fact.
Sorry CNN didn't tell you.
They were able to make it linger in the air for a short while by using certain nozzles on spray bottles but that's as close as they got.

On an OANN hard hitting unbiased news report? Or where?

Funny, the pubs I've been reading are saying that it is likely spread via both large droplets (relatively speaking, still micron size) and the smaller super fine ones that are considered "airborne"

EDIT: reading in such poorly regarded journals such as nature, lancet, and science.

large droplet relative to aerosol, the virus itself is too large and heavy to be carried on the super fine ones.

the point is, the notion of an "airborne virus" is one that is small and light enough to be airborne on it's own or with those super fines, and no coronavirus is that small, at least not one ever identified.

anybody, regardless of whatever journal, calling this virus airborne is pushing an opinion piece and that's sad to hear. go ahead and offer up an article from science/lancet/nature that talks about it being transmitted conclusively and not some bullshit copout "it's mathematically possible"

Reactions: DMG
large droplet relative to aerosol, the virus itself is too large and heavy to be carried on the super fine ones.

the point is, the notion of an "airborne virus" is one that is small and light enough to be airborne on it's own or with those super fines, and no coronavirus is that small, at least not one ever identified.

anybody, regardless of whatever journal, calling this virus airborne is pushing an opinion piece and that's sad to hear. go ahead and offer up an article from science/lancet/nature that talks about it being transmitted conclusively and not some bullshit copout "it's mathematically possible"

So ~0.12 micron is too big to ride around in a ~5 micron droplet?

So ~0.12 micron is too big to ride around in a ~5 micron droplet?

https://www.biospace.com/article/239-scientists-coronavirus-could-be-airborne/

5 micron is not superfine

n a forthcoming paper, “It is Time to Address Airborne Transmission of COVID-19,” 239 scientists from more than 30 countries are pushing the World Health Organization (WHO) to pay more attention to the possible airborne spread of SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

The New York Times, however, wrote, “But interviews with nearly 20 scientists—including a dozen WHO consultants and several members of the committee that crafted the guidance—and internal emails paint a picture of an organization that, despite good intentions, is out of step with science.

Ban rain, covid could be in the condensation nuclei and rain death upon you.

All these hyped up scenarios of transmission are causing people to really start to not give a shit about this. Hypeing up risk to unrealistic levels leads to people thinking if everything can kill me then fuck it I'm doing what I want. Communicate reasonable risks and countermeasures and people will be on board. It's all about likelihood and severity, inhaling diesel exhaust has a potential low likelihood of covid transmission leading to a low severity. Working a glory hole at a COVID testing site 12hrs a day has a high likelihood of getting the disease leading to high severity.

covid 19 airborne - Bing

I know it's bing... but every main headline on just the first search page says "AIRBORNE"!

So what gives? Is every organization lying about this? Or just twisting the definition? Real question...

I typically don't give a rip, because I haven't really cared given the infection rate and survival %. At least the CDC seemed to back it, the National had an article discussing the airborne nature and etc...

Why are you guys saying NOT airborne? It doesn't float in aerosolized air? I was under the impression it did.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa939/5867798

here is basically an opinion piece

We appeal to the medical community and to the relevant national and international bodies to recognize the potential for airborne spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). There is significant potential for inhalation exposure to viruses in microscopic respiratory droplets (microdroplets) at short to medium distances (up to several meters, or room scale), and we are advocating for the use of preventive measures to mitigate this route of airborne transmission.

Studies by the signatories and other scientists have demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that viruses are released during exhalation, talking, and coughing in microdroplets small enough to remain aloft in air and pose a risk of exposure at distances beyond 1–2 m from an infected individual ([1–4]).

hmmm....that isn't airborne, but what else have they to say?

The evidence is admittedly incomplete for all the steps in COVID-19 microdroplet transmission, but it is similarly incomplete for the large droplet and fomite modes of transmission. The airborne transmission mechanism operates in parallel with the large droplet and fomite routes [16] that are now the basis of guidance.

oh, well that is convincing!

covid 19 airborne - Bing

I know it's bing... but every main headline on just the first search page says "AIRBORNE"!

So what gives? Is every organization lying about this? Or just twisting the definition? Real question...

I typically don't give a rip, because I haven't really cared given the infection rate and survival %. At least the CDC seemed to back it, the National had an article discussing the airborne nature and etc...

Why are you guys saying NOT airborne? It doesn't float in aerosolized air? I was under the impression it did.

1) yes, they are fucking lying to you

2) journalists have ZERO need for integrity or intellectual honesty

3) it doesn't float around in aerosolized air, it is like the space guy from toy story, it doesn't fly, it falls and sometimes with style if you HVAC situation is fucked up just right and you are standing directly under a large intake, it might be able to go up a bit more and go out a bit further.

airborne means it can hang out in the air, float about, travel a good bit more freely, be expelled easily simply by normal (not heavy i.e. singing) and the such and the like. airborne means that within 5 minutes, a room is not considered clear and safe

Reactions: DMG
The paper they are referencing states that the WHO should start treating it as airborne. But don't take my word for it: http://dominique.regards.free.fr/bl...-of-covid-19-clinical-infectious-diseases.pdf

here is their MASSIVE flaw and why the WHO/CDC choose to ignore the fuck out of their requests and why everybody else should

For example, at typical indoor air velocities [5], a 5 μm droplet will travel tens of meters, much greater than the scale of a typical room, while settling from a height of 1.5 m to the floor.

they are saying that if somebody launches a sneeze (and they also lump in to infer breathing) from 1.5 Meter height, that it might travel 10 Meters out before hitting the ground.

Here's why i don't give a fuck. Do NOT lick your shoes and it won't matter.

why does the WHO use a 1 Meter "safe distance" and the CDC use the extreme caution of 2M safe distance? Because it is face to face transmission that matters and outside of 1M, that drop is not high enough to make a difference.

the entire purpose of that is so that they can raise their ($$$$) alarm about "OMG, the virus is Airborne!!" just like how "fun is white supremacy and anybody with a dollar is a racist" they are trying to make a greater political ($$$) impact by manipulating the words

Well gee golly why doesn't it infect people exactly the same as the others? Oh right because it's not the same thing and it behaves differently.

well, it does and that is why we had a large range of likely outcomes from the beginning and now know that we are in the lesser contagious and lesser deadly end of the spectrum.

how it 'behaves' inside the body is very different from how it is structurally sized and arranged in general categories.

That said diesel particulate emissions are such a tiny fraction of what is in the air that it would have nearly no effect even if all diesels disappeared.
oh, but it is what is most visible to most emotional normies
also it is convenient and easy to politicize
therefore it needs to be 100% of the problem

Magically, there's been no FLU since March. Including the Southern Hemisphere.

And none now. It's a fucking miracle.

here is their MASSIVE flaw and why the WHO/CDC choose to ignore the fuck out of their requests and why everybody else should

they are saying that if somebody launches a sneeze (and they also lump in to infer breathing) from 1.5 Meter height, that it might travel 10 Meters out before hitting the ground.

Here's why i don't give a fuck. Do NOT lick your shoes and it won't matter.

why does the WHO use a 1 Meter "safe distance" and the CDC use the extreme caution of 2M safe distance? Because it is face to face transmission that matters and outside of 1M, that drop is not high enough to make a difference.

the entire purpose of that is so that they can raise their ($$$$) alarm about "OMG, the virus is Airborne!!" just like how "fun is white supremacy and anybody with a dollar is a racist" they are trying to make a greater political ($$$) impact by manipulating the words

So fans, people moving around, etc could not possibly keep these droplets aloft? I've seen plenty of dust stay aloft in a room that were in the 3-7 micron range. (yes I measured it, part of a neat microscopy lab project from my undergrad days.)

Droplets also come out when talking and breathing. 5 micron droplets aren't the big ones that splatter on the table or monitor.

[486 said:
;n212387]
oh, but it is what is most visible to most emotional normies
also it is convenient and easy to politicize
therefore it needs to be 100% of the problem

Since this is a glorified blog post posing as a scientific article with a clickbait headline, it's doing what it was meant to do: get clicks on an ad-laden website to make money.

Sadly that magazine has devolved into the buzzfeed of science.

So fans, people moving around, etc could not possibly keep these droplets aloft? I've seen plenty of dust stay aloft in a room that were in the 3-7 micron range. (yes I measured it, part of a neat microscopy lab project from my undergrad days.)

Droplets also come out when talking and breathing. 5 micron droplets aren't the big ones that splatter on the table or monitor.

I've got many links that I have seen that would answer your question, but you are being a sinkhole poster that barely escaped the nuke.

fans and people moving around actually accelerate the settling. wanna keep your home safe? run a fan. wanna make your home a hazard? close the windows and minimize airflow.

yes, when talking and breathing, but not average or standard and not in volume or range that matter to covid transmission. flat out, it isn't airborne.

airborne is an actual definition, and as the NYT quote above says "That is out of step with science" to call covid19 airborne

Magically, there's been no FLU since March. Including the Southern Hemisphere.

And none now. It's a fucking miracle.

That shit only comes out after curfew.

And sometimes in churches and bars where they don't serve biscuits and gravy... wait, maybe it was milk and honey?

Top Back Refresh