What's new

A PSA, PSA

Lee

Guild of Calamitous Intent
Member Number
Loc
The Natural State
TLDR: If you're buying FFL items, make sure you have your default shipping address saved in your account.

Not sure this is worth its own thread, but we have a lot of PSA customers here, so I thought I'd share.

I live in a free state, no restrictions outside of NFA/GCA BS.

I have purchased from Palmetto State Armory for over a decade, order history predates their current system.

I attempted to purchase an item that required an FFL, like I've done many times before. However, no matter what I did I could not get the address selection screen during checkout to work. Just an empty blue rectangle radio button that did nothing when clicking it. Phone, laptop, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, all the same results.

PSA has a chat feature on their Contact Us page, but best as I can tell that does nothing, so I called. Actually got a real person relatively quickly after cussing the robot that initially answered the phone. Customer support fella agreed there was no reason I shouldn't be able to purchase the item and there must be a glitch. He told me he'd pass it along to their IT folks as a bug and to try again in a couple hours. Twelve hours later, I was getting the same results.

I spent a while experimenting, I could select any item that doesn't need an FFL and get past the shipping section, but add an FFL item to my cart and same empty blue rectangle, that did nothing.

I went through my account settings, saved a preferred FFL, tried again, same empty blue rectangle.

Going through my account settings again, I noticed that I had my default billing address saved, but my default shipping address was empty. :confused:

I set my default billing address as my default shipping address, and like magic, that empty blue button on the shipping page became a "Continue" button with my preferred FFL's address already selected.

I don't know how/why my default shipping address was changed, it's been about 18 months since I last purchased anything from them. They make it so hard to purchase stuff with any expediency already thanks to their overly intrusive captcha, if you're trying to buy something that's likely to sell out quick, the last thing you want is another hurdle to jump over. Make sure your billing, shipping, and preferred FFL addresses are all set in your account.

Makes sense, w/o the shipping address on a FFL item.

Seems you either left it blank or didn't have the "billing is same as shipping" box checked.

Just ordered from them last week on an FFL item and no problem?

I went to impulse buy a blem lower the other night and it wouldn't let me select a FFL. I closed it and kind of forgot about it by the next day.

They process my orders too fast, not giving me enough time for second guessing. I have to avoid the site all together or I lose money.

Top Back Refresh