What's new

A property 1/2 the size of a state

Beautiful land, but a ranch? Fuck... looks like a dozen head of cattle would eat whatever meager vegetation is available between now and the first frost.

So doing some math... I think declaring myself a government would allow me to buy it on a loan that old never have to payback... cause... government.

The pics in that ad make me feel like a Poor in ways that no Bentley, Lear jet, or 150ft yacht ever could.

Can you even imagine? :eek:

Right now theres a 50,000 acre ranch in the SF bay area going for a cool 68 million. Much more workable land and more temperate climate

https://www.californiaoutdoorpropert...cattle-company

Buy it before the state does. Once they own it, nobody can ever hunt there again

That is essentially paradise. It looks like a movie set.

nW5juOH.png

03Lde5F.png

zFNxYdt.png

Last edited:
That is essentially paradise. It looks like a movie set.

nW5juOH.png

03Lde5F.png

zFNxYdt.png

I'm guessing the snow is a once every 15 to 20 year thing unless they are way higher than I think. We are at the base of one of the taller mountains in the bay area and it will get a dusting at 2k' every couple years, and snow covered above 1200' every 10 to 15 years.

I'm guessing the snow is a once every 15 to 20 year thing unless they are way higher than I think. We are at the base of one of the taller mountains in the bay area and it will get a dusting at 2k' every couple years, and snow covered above 1200' every 10 to 15 years.

" Located just south of Livermore, and east of Oakland and San Jose, it is easily accessed from San Francisco, the Peninsula and the East Bay."
  • Santa Clara County: 19,935 +/- acres
  • Alameda County: 16,880 +/- acres
  • San Joaquin County: 9,095 +/- acres
  • Stanislaus County: 4,590 +/- acres

This appears to show a lot of elevation, and if there's a pond then they're near something higher yet.

I know the grass isn't green all year round but there's a good amount of trees so it's not totally arid. Honestly I'd be happy with 2 months of brown and snow once every 2 years.

Rvtu70J.png

Based on the Counties, this is it right here

yjKrSyi.png

And if it's on the 4 county point, it should include 'Mt. Bordman' and have plenty of 3000-3400' range.

I have no idea what this means there, I have never been to that area.

qaK3CEC.png

Guess I'll contact my team of law firms to write up a bid, let you know how I do.

That sno was a blue moon event for the area...
some GOOD hills around.

I wanted to put this in perspective because I can't really visualize anything over 1000 acres, so I figured the acreage for my county. Its 380,000. Wow.

That is my favorite area of Texas... I'd buy it if I had the cheddar. If its too hot, head to one of the homes up at elevation to cool off. In winter, head down toward the Rio for the temperate climate. Run some cattle over the acreage for income, also lease out the other homes as hunting lodges during the season (lots of mule deer out that way). Perhaps even find old trails through the canyons for some off-road adventures (pay to play, of course) with primitive creek side camping at the halfway point.

Its amazing country with amazing views... and the USBP don't bother you once they know who you are. :flipoff2:

Beautiful land, but a ranch? Fuck... looks like a dozen head of cattle would eat whatever meager vegetation is available between now and the first frost.

Yup, it's pretty, but not good for much. Maybe open up a giant OHV park.

That sno was a blue moon event for the area...
some GOOD hills around.

Not totally. I have lived in the area for 30 years and we do get some light dustings of snow every other year. But thats down here in the valley. You can see the area where the ranch is off in the distance from the freeway, its all big rolling hills. The snow sticks there and will stay covered for a week at a time

How much are the property taxes?

It says this property is included in the 'Williamson act' of 1965. I dont remember all the details but basically it does not allow for the assessment of land value based on residential/commercial property values and is assessed as farm land at a significantly lower rate. But im sure the actual amount still has a lot of zeros...

It says this property is included in the 'Williamson act' of 1965. I dont remember all the details but basically it does not allow for the assessment of land value based on residential/commercial property values and is assessed as farm land at a significantly lower rate. But im sure the actual amount still has a lot of zeros...

until.....the property reassement act passes in CA this year :lmao: probably why they are selling it now.

guess i'm not clear if farm is covered under the new change, but i guess they'll find out!

until.....the property reassement act passes in CA this year :lmao: probably why they are selling it now.

guess i'm not clear if farm is covered under the new change, but i guess they'll find out!

Plant two olive trees, start an LLC for a micro scale artisanal olive oil company, save a bundle :laughing:

Not totally. I have lived in the area for 30 years and we do get some light dustings of snow every other year. But thats down here in the valley. You can see the area where the ranch is off in the distance from the freeway, its all big rolling hills. The snow sticks there and will stay covered for a week at a time

Diablo is just shy of 3900 and it gets snow every couple years. It usually only sticks for hours at most. Same for Mt Tam at like 2700. About every 10 to 15 years or so they get enough snow to stick for a couple days.

I'm guessing this place is much further east than I am picturing. The bay area Mts I mention just dont stay cold long enough for the snow to stick very long.

The area is directly south of Mt Diablo by about 15 miles, and just a touch to the east. The way the property is oriented, you can see the hills that are facing north from hwy580, they dont get as much sun on the N side and will hold the snow longer than on Diablo. Ill bet back there in those canyons in the shade and with those cool streams it will hold snow even longer. It drops below freezing here every year, its just there is never enough precipitation to follow up and the sun melts it away.

What a beautiful place. Group buy?

Top Back Refresh