What's new

A @# Bag

What the fuck does that have anything to do with it? Try to stay on topic McFly.
Because perpetuating the myth that .22LR will adequately drop a full grown cow with ease is fucking retarded.
Trying to tell someone to stay on topic while actively posting off topic :shaking: :jester:

Because perpetuating the myth that .22LR will adequately drop a full grown cow with ease is fucking retarded.
Trying to tell someone to stay on topic while actively posting off topic :shaking: :jester:
Let me help you out you retarded fuck.

Let me help you out you retarded fuck.

Wow, you posted someone else's video. I'll ask again, have you ever done it yourself? Cause I have. Shots placed center of an "X" drawn between the eyes and ears, .22LR revolver and .22LR single shot. Both took multiple shots to actually kill them, rather than have them laid out bleeding out in pain. Which is the exact thing that video doesn't show, whether or not the animal is actually euthanized or just suffering like an asshole.

FWIW switching to .22WMR in a Ruger Single Six was the solution. 1 shot kills every time now.

Wow, you posted someone else's video. I'll ask again, have you ever done it yourself? Cause I have. Shots placed center of an "X" drawn between the eyes and ears, .22LR revolver and .22LR single shot. Both took multiple shots to actually kill them, rather than have them laid out bleeding out in pain. Which is the exact thing that video doesn't show, whether or not the animal is actually euthanized or just suffering like an asshole.
I did not. My uncle Alan killed plenty of them with a 22lr rifle. He raised cattle for over 20 years before he died.

I did not. My uncle Alan killed plenty of them with a 22lr rifle. He raised cattle for over 20 years before he died.
And my grandmother used a .22lr rifle in their slaughterhouse.

My father brought in a 1300lb Hereford bull that he witnessed take 3 shots of .44 special to the head, and was still alive.

We want to keep going with anecdotal stories that contradict each other?

I dont know of a kill truck around here that isnt using a 22 or 22mag
Maybe they do. All I know is when trying to do a by the book kill, I watched an animal take 2 shots to the front of the skull and respirate blood for the next few minutes, so it had to be more than nerves.

Yea I dunno man. Sometimes weird shit happens. Sometimes a bad shot or even the wrong bullet can turn things into a shit show too

Since the resident exaggerator derailed the thread. I watched my grandfather kill his pet cow with a friggin sledgehammer. First swing must have just been a glancing blow and old Bessy started bellowing and had blood shooting out of nose and mouth. My granpa started crying and saying Lord forgive and smacked her square on the head and dropped her.

I was fucking traumatized over that debacle.

Yea I dunno man. Sometimes weird shit happens. Sometimes a bad shot or even the wrong bullet can turn things into a shit show too
CCI mini mag has been my go to. Dunno, was pretty bummed when it happened.

Annnnnnyway, for any sort of bag like this I default to 9mm. Carry piece is 9mm, and my new goto is a suppressed 9mm AR

Wet wipes
Chapstick - 2 tubes
Socks
Barrier cream

- All of these are to prevent chafing - nothing will slow you down like a bad blister or some crotch rot. In a survial situation your diet will rapidly change along with the increased chance of drinking bad water means higher chance of stomach issues. (one of the chapsticks is for your lips. The other isnt. Don't mix them up)

These are small and handy, can be spliced into a camelbak hose or used for a gravity filter - MINI Water Filtration System | Sawyer Products

Also consider the environments you need to get through to get out. If there are cities/towns a small lockpick can be handy. A lockpick can allow you to find shelter while being able to still lock it behind you. Think of how long Eric Robert Rudolph lived by getting into people's cabins and empty houses.

Also in an urban environment it doesn't hurt to have a key ring with common keys like a ch751, 1284x, etc since it can get you into a ton of places for very little weight.

On the baofengs - make sure to have the local pd and fire frequencies programmed in ahead of time. Even if you are in a smartnet area many still simulcast at least from central on vhf or uhf. A small card with the gmrs/frs tone codes, local repeaters, etc can be a quick reference when the interwebs are down.

Since the resident exaggerator derailed the thread. I watched my grandfather kill his pet cow with a friggin sledgehammer. First swing must have just been a glancing blow and old Bessy started bellowing and had blood shooting out of nose and mouth. My granpa started crying and saying Lord forgive and smacked her square on the head and dropped her.

I was fucking traumatized over that debacle.

That's was standard practice in old school slaughterhouse. Cows ran through a chute, guy standing on top straddling with a sledgehammer. All day, everyday.

Then I believe they went to the captive bolt deal after that

I will be getting a couple cows next year but I sure as won't be sledging them. For one, I have too many guns and 2, I will probably have someone take them away and then go pick up my steaks.

I can't understand the people who raise goats for food. The damned things are just like having a dog. I don't think I could raise one and then eat it. Too many deer running around for that anyways.

I will be getting a couple cows next year but I sure as won't be sledging them. For one, I have too many guns and 2, I will probably have someone take them away and then go pick up my steaks.

I can't understand the people who raise goats for food. The damned things are just like having a dog. I don't think I could raise one and then eat it. Too many deer running around for that anyways.

When a goat is born it's looking for a place to die. Also goats destroy grazing land. Pull the foliage out by the roots. No thanks. I'll stick with being a Cattleman

Off topic but bitch chat and shit - Sledge/22LR < giz

no_country_for_old_men_00464.jpg

Top Back Refresh