What's new

A @# Bag

User Deleted

I don't even like to type it much less say it. For me it just has too many stupid associations with it. A retired SF buddy of mine talked me into it and how much sense it makes. Then again, he makes money off this shit. So I committed to slap one together and we are going to meet up in a month for him to see the path I took. He says I may have ideas he hasn't thought of or a completely different thought process. He probably thinks I am going to throw fins. mask and snorkel but I hate swimming. So I come to Irate to get some good ideas and explain what I picked up and why.

1) A SOG backpack in coyote tan or flat dark earth. Black is cool at night but sucks in the daytime if you are trying not to be seen. Tan goes with any background. It is actually called a 1,600,000 Bug out bag. (hate that word too) Bought at the exchange for 69.00.

2) Need a gun right? I got a shit ton but not one for this purpose. After consideration, I have chosen the Sig M-17. Got my son one for XMAS. I only own 1 9mm and it is the Sig P365 which my girlfriend has stashed in her purse. Too small for my purposes anyway. The M17 passed the Army testing and carries 21+1. Comes with 3 mags and is FDE in color. Matches my bag too. lol It has a safety which I don't like but couldn't find the model without. I got time to drop a safety or I just won't use it. Gotta swap the barrel with a threaded one in case I need to be quiet.

3) 150 rounds Vacuum packed boxes of 9mm. Should be enough to get me to my cabin. Or to bung fucked Egypt. Will dump them out of the box to reduce bulkiness.

4) Ar-15. Not fancy, just a slicked down rifle for longer shots with no bells and whistles to get caught up on shit. No battery operated shit that will leave me proper fucked when I need it. All FDE again of course. Let's say 200 rounds with 4 mags. Just in case.

5) 2 Baofang radios. Can talk to a partner or anybody else in the world on scan. Can be used for hunting people or game. Weather radio as well if weather is still operable.

6) Fire. 2 Bic lighters vacuum packed separately and one emergency fire starter. I have several with whistle and compass included with room for fishing hooks and line.

7) Water. Nalgene bottle with a sanitizing straw or some tabs. Titanium cup for boiling water and drinking out of.

8) Headlamps x2. Battery operated. Like my rechargeable one but don't want to rely on electricity. Must have red light mode. Vacuum packed batteries for lights. If shit is real volatile, will only travel at night.

9) 300' of paracord. FDE of course.

10) 10x6 Tarp for shelter and whatever else.

11) Cliff bars, Granola Bars and 2 pounds of single freeze dried shit. High in carbs or protein. No MRE's because I move better when I am not constipated and they are just too damned big. Not looking for a meal, just energy to keep it moving. Also, 10 packs of AG1 energy. Mix with water, good for the day.

12) Leatherman. Requires no justification.

13) Survival knife. To be perfectly honest, someone gave me a Bear Grylls knife years ago and I will use that. Has everything you would need self contained including sharpening stone.

14) I have 4 12 gauge trip alarms to stand security while I sleep. Small and light. Will carry 12 rounds of birdshot. Rounds will be wrapped in metal to get best effect. Also have a 100' of waxed line to set up my trip lines. It is black and unbreakable by man.

What else do I need? Just have to get to the cabin 240 miles away where we have more guns and shit stashed underground.

Bitch mittens: one pair latex type, one pair leather.
Socks are a big one already mentioned.
I'm not sure how bad you are planning for, but one of those battery packs for usb charging would be handy if you need to shit'n'git but the world isn't ending.
Break type glow sticks. Use sparingly of course.

Gas mask. Mine is a Russian GP5 with the updated canister. Even the asbestos filter is better than no mask in my mind. If you gotta bug best to look like a bug.

Condoms
Antibiotics
Lifestraw
I was going to say, Nalgene bottle is bulky and sucks for lifestraw use. My lifestraw came with a folding bottle that would likely work in a pinch, or screws on to a plastic water bottle. I guess microplastics are the least of your concerns if you're using a lifestraw.

Antibiotics. This is a big one that I've considered off and on, but currently dealing with an infected ingrown toenail has made me think it's a lot more important. A day on antibiotics has me going from painful limping to being able to walk normally with some discomfort. Question I have is source of it for a purpose like this?

Things I'll add is a kukri knife. First got mine for camping and abused the fuck out of, chopped down trees, used as a splitting wedge, ect. I have one hanging off my go pack. Small binoculars don't suck to have.

My setup had been a small (8x12"ish) pouch that hung in the truck, with MOLLE attachment (could be thrown on a belt) that had paper towels cut into squares the size of the sandwich bag they were stuffed into (multi purpose, I'd use it to bandage short term, shit tickets, ect.), some compact thing of gorilla tape, hand sani (before covid even), lifestraw, AA powered phone charger with cord, spare set of keys to house/trucks, leatherman, couple lighters, sharpie, and good flash light. That was meant to be a get home bag/ out exploring bag that could easily be grabbed. Usually is a backpack behind the seat of the truck with water bottles, some cliff bars, and a change of clothes, which varies depending on season. Having been through the ice on a lake in February 30 miles from home with no change of clothes, without any extra clothes, even a compact pair of sweatpants would have been nice to have.

I was going to say, Nalgene bottle is bulky and sucks for lifestraw use. My lifestraw came with a folding bottle that would likely work in a pinch, or screws on to a plastic water bottle. I guess microplastics are the least of your concerns if you're using a lifestraw.

Antibiotics. This is a big one that I've considered off and on, but currently dealing with an infected ingrown toenail has made me think it's a lot more important. A day on antibiotics has me going from painful limping to being able to walk normally with some discomfort. Question I have is source of it for a purpose like this?

Things I'll add is a kukri knife. First got mine for camping and abused the fuck out of, chopped down trees, used as a splitting wedge, ect. I have one hanging off my go pack. Small binoculars don't suck to have.

My setup had been a small (8x12"ish) pouch that hung in the truck, with MOLLE attachment (could be thrown on a belt) that had paper towels cut into squares the size of the sandwich bag they were stuffed into (multi purpose, I'd use it to bandage short term, shit tickets, ect.), some compact thing of gorilla tape, hand sani (before covid even), lifestraw, AA powered phone charger with cord, spare set of keys to house/trucks, leatherman, couple lighters, sharpie, and good flash light. That was meant to be a get home bag/ out exploring bag that could easily be grabbed. Usually is a backpack behind the seat of the truck with water bottles, some cliff bars, and a change of clothes, which varies depending on season. Having been through the ice on a lake in February 30 miles from home with no change of clothes, without any extra clothes, even a compact pair of sweatpants would have been nice to have.

Get antibiotics from Mexico.

Unless you are sketchy, most doc's will write you a script for broad spectrum anti-biotics for travel or stays in foreign countries. I did an extended stay in the Bob Marshall Wilderness and she wrote me a couple of 2 week supplies.

.22lr pistol and .22lr rascal or other child size rifle. I like my 22lr revolver, plus single action so no safety concerns:rasta:

1 round to rule them all :flipoff2:
Valid point, .22 Is easy to come by and everyone has horded it. I was thinking 9mm because of popularity and it would be easy to acquire. One of those Henry survival rifles would be key.

Top Back Refresh