What's new

870 score!

Johann

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Triangle area NC
A retired friend of mine knows a guy who is getting out of guns and he mentioned that he had an 870 he was thinking of getting rid of. Had no idea its condition. I offered $300 sight unseen cause everyone needs a 870. He says sure but take all the 12 ga ammo cause I won't need it. OK, sure!

Well, just got it home. Its an 870 Express from the early Nineties. Looks like it spent most of its life in a closet. Dust bunnies in the chamber. But once I ran a patch through it the bore shines like a mirror. Park is in good shape. Just a couple handling scratches on the wood. Rubber butt has little wear. Came with a +2 mag extension as well.

I'd bet less than a couple boxes went through it. The kicker is that it came with 907 shells...:eek: Mostly Federal bird and small game shot but looks like I won't be buying any of that any time soon!

photo48374.png

holy shit, 907? nice score.

It surprised the crap out me. It was three full rafts of boxes and a close to full one. Still had the Walmart tags of $39.99 on them...

Certainly the deal of the decade!

Nice. I bought an 870 in 2000 when I was home on leave. I only had it for about a week before my leave was over. I sold it to my buddy before I went back to Hawaii. He ended up giving me the gun back a few years ago. He said he had never shot it. His brother took it deer hunting once but never got anything.

Does he have any AKs? :angel:

Not any more:flipoff2:

Actually my buddy did buy Russian SKS from him with a bit of ammo a little while ago. He just found an ammo can with 500rds in it while cleaning up so that is headed by buddy's way too. They have been friends for 40 years so he is getting it at non panic prices.

All he has left is an H&R revolver in some sort of 38 cal short. Might be obsolete.

Nice. I bought an 870 in 2000 when I was home on leave. I only had it for about a week before my leave was over. I sold it to my buddy before I went back to Hawaii. He ended up giving me the gun back a few years ago. He said he had never shot it. His brother took it deer hunting once but never got anything.

That is cool that the shotgun circled back to you!

Nice shotgun though.

Thanks, not following the Meme though.

Especially since I was considering taking that huge butt pad off and replacing it with a traditional butt plate. But with it on the LOP is 13.5 which usually suits me.

12 ga recoil has never bothered me. Reminded me to have it good and tight in the shoulder pocket... YES! :laughing:

That’s a great score for sure. I really like the 870’s and have two of them in 12ga and one 20ga youth.

I got mine in similar condition for $80. :flipoff2:

One of the carwash kids at the dealer I worked at back around 2014 got a couple guns as a partial trade for a car he sold. Wasn't in to guns and knew I was. Offered him $80 as a joke, he just shrugged and said ok.

I got mine in similar condition for $80. :flipoff2:

One of the carwash kids at the dealer I worked at back around 2014 got a couple guns as a partial trade for a car he sold. Wasn't in to guns and knew I was. Offered him $80 as a joke, he just shrugged and said ok.

Same, older coworker was having his grandkids move in with him and his wife didn't want any guns in the house. He bought it in '70 and used it last in '75 when he quit hunting. Sold it to me in '99 for I think $80

Top Back Refresh