What's new

86 square body burb taillight issue

Sluggy

Drives by braille
Member Number
Loc
Bay Area
So I'm trying to chase a issue with the brake lights not working. During diagnosis I found that the emergency flashers don't work also. Cruise control works and the brake pedal switch tells it to shut off and does this. I've already removed one lense and found the bulb to be good but still swapped it out. 2057 bulbs for those wondering.

Is there a possible flasher that needs to be replaced or maybe there's a specific fuse I'm missing? New to gm's in general and any info is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jimbo

Did you find the fuse for the brake light?
Check for a melted wire on the firewall to the frame near the exhaust collector on the driver's side.

There is a ground wire under the inner shell

But, all signal/tail light function go through the turn signal switch, including brake light. Your brake light IS your rear turn signal.

If your turns are working you have brake lights they just arent activated properly.

Well the turn signals work but the the hazards and brake lights don't. I'll keep digging when I have some time. Was going for a "dumb quick fix"

Probably turn signal switch.

Hold your foot on the brake and wiggle the turn signal switch, or move it from left to right turn ect and see if the non turning brake light comes on, on the back.

Brake light switch and hazard switch bad. I'd be testing power coming to/from those first.

Well the turn signals work but the the hazards and brake lights don't. I'll keep digging when I have some time. Was going for a "dumb quick fix"

I had the same exact issue on a 79 K5, I replaced the flasher and that solved my issue.

Top Back Refresh