What's new

VA '79 ls swapped cj crawler sell or trade for 4 seater

Drillsmoke

Member Number
1979 CJ7 crawler, Want to trade, but will sell for $11,000.
5.3 LM7 ls motor w/ Auto Meter guages,
'93 granny low NV4500 w/ 6.0 hydraulic clutch.
Dana 300 w/ 4:1 gears, hd outputs front and rear, billet inspection cover and twin sticks. 1350 drivelines,
'79 Dodge Kingpin 60 front w/ truss and full psc hydro, reid knuckles, detroit, 35 spline chromo shafts w/ CTM u-joints and ECGS drive slugs.
Rear dana 60 full float w/ disk brakes spool and 35 spline shafts. Line lock on rear. 4.88 gears in the diffs
Cherokee leafs on all 4 corners w/ unknown shocks. This thing rides very smoothly and is also very stable.
(5) Steel wheels w/ TMI rock rings and internal double beadlocks, all wrapped in 40" TSL SXii stickies.
Tuffy center consol w/ padlock, cupholders and false floor w/ amp for sub underneath it.
(2) Corbeau seats, they have heat but it is not hooked up. Seats are mounted to cage w/ 5 pt RaceQuip harnesses
Marine speakers and sub in the back, music sounds really good in this thing
"fast back" style cage that is tied into frame on c and a pillar w/ rubber isolators.
3" exhaust front to back w/ flowmaster (sounds great).
PSC pump w/ underdrive pully and reservoir w/ a heatsink style cooler mounted under front winch plate.
Onboard air (AC compressor) and front and rear bumpers are air tanks.
Flex-a-lite ls swap jeep radiator w/ tuneable electric fan.
Dual batteries, one redtop one yellow top, can isolate batteries and and run off both, master disconnect on dash.
New 12k badlands winch w/ synthetic line and wireless remote.
False floor in back w/ custom 1/4" aluminum fuel cell w/ stock gm pump and sending unit.
Full skids front to back, rear traction bar (very little hop).
98" wheelbase, room to stretch it more on both ends w/ a little work.

This rig parties! I have had a blast wheeling and building for the last 7 years. I now have little kids and the oldest wants to go on jeep rides more often than I can go wheeling. I am looking to trade for a "streetable" rig that has 4 seats and a full top. This could be a 1st gen 4runner, lj, or a tj rubicon ranging from stock, to a trailrig on 35s-37s. I do drive this on the street, but drive slugs and the front driveshaft angles not being perfectly aligned keep it from going over 45 w/ out vibrating. Do a hub conversion or pull the front shaft and its goes down the interstate beautifully.

Will come w/ hard doors, newer softop and windshield frame w/ good glass and wipers. Frame is a classic cj7 frame that has seen a hard life. its got cracks that have been welded up, and plates that have been welded on in the rear. I would keep this if I had time to re-do the cage (to accomodate a rear seat), but would rather just have 4 seater rig i can drive right now w/ no work.

Richmond, VA. Will deliver for $1.50/mile round trip (East coast)

Attachments

• IMG_1096.jpeg
    IMG_1096.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1098.jpeg
    IMG_1098.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1101.jpeg
    IMG_1101.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1104.jpeg
    IMG_1104.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1106.jpeg
    IMG_1106.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1111.jpeg
    IMG_1111.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1112.jpeg
    IMG_1112.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Seems like the market for crawlers is over-saturated right now. Parting it out make more sense?

Seems like the market for crawlers is over-saturated right now. Parting it out make more sense?
You've got a cool crawler with good parts list and priced fairly. Least here in the greater middle Tennessee area, the market is saturated but not overly so. Biggest issue is that it seems like folks are holding onto their $$$ until after the dust settles in November.

Cut the cage and make room for the kids, add locking hubs. Better than taking a loss on it for something else and wanting a built rig again in a few years

Yeah thats what i am leaning towards now. Got my cruiser pretty much done and it has room for 3 kids in the back so ill prob just let the jeep sit till i have time for it.

Top Back Refresh