What's new

73-91 Front Leaf spring hanger width.

Winchested

IH Scout SSII
Member Number
73-87 vrs 88-91

Trying to order the proper energy suspension bushings for use with zone 2.5" wide 4" lift springs.

3.2105 looks to have an 1/8" shoulder?
3.2112 has a 1/4" shoulder?

What's the stock width on the spring hangers and shackle size on these trucks.

The two options seem to be for use with stock springs vrs aftermarket springs.

Were stock springs wider than 2.5"?

Thanks for any help. Not a GM guy.

Using these in the front of my scout II. With a standard aftermarket TMR or ihpa, Barnes etc 3" wide hanger.

Ya, none of them seem to list specs of the freaking bushings other than diameter.

I'm bored waiting for a seminar to start.

Found this:

Screenshot_20240227_083040_Chrome~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240227_082553_Chrome~2.jpg

So stock springs were wider at the eyes and I would assume aftermarket are 2.5" throughout.

My 68 is on unknown springs and it's an odd year, otherwise I'd measure it and shoot a pic to confirm.

Thanks.

I've got a couple friends with GMs. Ones a CUCV 5/4 and the other is a 3/4 ton all on 1 ton stuff.

Ill have to go measure they're stuff.

So the bushings would have a 1/2" shoulder on each side. That's huge. Wow.
My 74 k10 also has 3 1/2" hangers.

Pretty sure that was standard. And then my brothers 87 5/4ton cucv had wider springs. Though I can't remember for sure.

Zone offers 2 different sets of bushings, 73 to 87 and 88-91. I'm not sure I need either as I'm using them with 3" spring hangers so I just need 1/4" shoulders.

I would probably just get normal poly bushings without any weird shoulder on them and put 1/4 inch thick washers where they are needed and call it a day. I thought I had gotten some of the washers from ruffstuff or Barnes, but did not see them just now with a quick search.

I'm bored waiting for a seminar to start.

Found this:

Screenshot_20240227_083040_Chrome~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240227_082553_Chrome~2.jpg

So stock springs were wider at the eyes and I would assume aftermarket are 2.5" throughout.

My 68 is on unknown springs and it's an odd year, otherwise I'd measure it and shoot a pic to confirm.
IDK why he says not to mix normal and tapered. Some of my favorite packs I've assembled over the years have been little more than a tapered overload leaf below a thin long leaf or two and then the main. I got great service out of them.

Edit: I'm probably confusing tapered and parabolic.

Top Back Refresh